Please reply by conversation.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i am still contemplating a new hd-dvr
i have found 1 or 2 on CL cheap
which ones work with mrv and swim and can be owned?

anything else required with that model? (band stop?)

whats the number i need off it to verify that directv will let me use t?

recently found an hr-20 for $50

mdram said:

Good luck ....
In theory, anything made after March '06 is a lease.

You don't usually find units that are owned.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Good luck ....
In theory, anything made after March '06 is a lease.

You don't usually find units that are owned.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I think Direct TV employees have owned equipment, don't they? If you can find those on Ebay or someplace like that then they are probably owned ones.

You will need the rid, receiver ID number. If you are using a swm setup, no bbc is needed.

I still say, Good Luck finding an OWNED new box.

its not ne, the hr-20 is an older box

i was able to confirm with cs that it is owned and usable

but it will need a deca unit and card

its not ne, the hr-20 is an older box

i was able to confirm with cs that it is owned and usable

but it will need a deca unit and card

Did you check the RID with the ACESS CARD DEPT. or just Customer service? You will need to go through the acces card dept to get an owned receiver activated as owned rather than leased.

Did you check the RID with the ACESS CARD DEPT. or just Customer service? You will need to go through the acces card dept to get an owned receiver activated as owned rather than leased.

just cs, they showed it as owned, and told me i needed a card

im begining to rethink this
id have to buy the reciever, the card, a deca, and a bandstop
getting too close to the price of one from directv

just cs, they showed it as owned, and told me i needed a card

im begining to rethink this
id have to buy the reciever, the card, a deca, and a bandstop
getting too close to the price of one from directv

Yes, unless you can get a great deal, the only things you gain from a owned receiver is that it doesn't start a new 24 month contract and you can turn activate and deactivate it whenever you want without having to send the box back to Direct TV. So if it's in a spare room and you only need it turned on for a weekend you can easily do that and only pay a small percentage of the $6 programming mirror monthly fee.

Depending on the model of the HR20 it may not be compatible. If it's a 700 you'll also need a 2 way SWM splitter for it too. They are tricky trying to hook up for a MRV job.

Depending on the model of the HR20 it may not be compatible. If it's a 700 you'll also need a 2 way SWM splitter for it too. They are tricky trying to hook up for a MRV job.

Interesting ... I have a HR20-700 and SWM and had no problems setting it up ... A 2 way splitter ?, I have a splitter, but no idea if it's 2 way or not, but it works fine.
I don't do the MRV though.

Jimbo said:
Interesting ... I have a HR20-700 and SWM and had no problems setting it up ... A 2 way splitter ?, I have a splitter, but no idea if it's 2 way or not, but it works fine.
I don't do the MRV though.

I've never had the joy so I can't really give you details. I've always been lucky enough to take the easy way and swap it for a HR24 :)
Apparently you put a band stop on one side and a receiver deca on the other then put the receiver deca on the SWM side and the band stop on the sat 2 side I THINK that's how it's done but like I said, I've always taken the easy way. Besides, most people would rather have the newest thing out there and 8 out of 10 times DTV would want to charge them so I try and please all my customers and that's kind of my way of helping people out when they know they have problems with they're DVR and D wants to charge for a swap.

Why, what's the difference between the manufacturers?

raoul5788 said:
Why, what's the difference between the manufacturers?

Thats another thing I'm really not sure about. I know the 100 isn't MRV capable and the 700 is more of a pain then anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)