Buying Genie Equiment Drectly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I just signed up with Direct and have a Genie44 so this is not for me but I was wondering. Doesn't save an upgrading customer to buy the Genie equipment they want rather than paying the monthly equipment fee to Direct Tv. You can sell the used equipment in a few yrs if needed as well.

Rob

And if you buy the equipment you are still locked in a new 24 month contact once you activate the equipment.

It does not really pay to own your own equipment any more.

Plus actually buying it, if you even can at this point, would be much more than the leasing fee.

I didn't think you are even "buying" it from places like SolidSignal or Costco. Just obtaining it through a licensed leasing agent.

I didn't think you are even "buying" it from places like SolidSignal or Costco. Just obtaining it through a licensed leasing agent.

Anywhere you buy it, Costco, Menards, Solid Signal, where ever, its the Up front money your paying, its still a Lease unit that needs to be returned if de activated.

I have yet t hear what the outright. Cost would be to actually OWN a 34.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I saw one on Ebay about two months ago for 799.99, I wanted to call in to check the RID but never got around to it... The auction sweared up and down that it was owned, and listed the rid, had pictures and even warned bidders to check the RID against access card control, and even said a new card for 20$ would be needed. The guy did everything right so I was inclined to believe it really was owned. But I didnt have 800 bucks at the time and dont really see it having that sort of value.

**edit**
LOLs...

of course I post before checking ebay.... there are two suposidly owned hr34-700s on ebay right now, one is 500 buy it now, the other is 530, both auctions state the rid and list all details. One auction states that the outright purchase price from dtv is 800$ im not sure how to verify that as being correct however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Garage sale antics

CONDO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)