Buzz S2010f

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good review Iceberg.

Could you please show a screenshot showing the positioner moving to a different satellite? One of my pet peeves about the Coolsat 4000 Pro is that it will cut-off the satellite name. The Coolsat 4000 Pro also looks for an active signal to know when to stop displaying the message rather than when it reaches its destination. I may consider purchasing one of these Buzz receivers.

Thank You,
Dave

Havent tried it with a motor yet but will try as soon as I can get my motorized (2nd one) back up :)

Iceberg, how much faster would you say the Buzz unit is compared to a Coolsat.
If you point to the same sat and do a detailed scan with both unit?

Stats8 said:
Iceberg, how much faster would you say the Buzz unit is compared to a Coolsat.
if I recall right, the Coolsat actually beats the Buzz (mainly because the Buzz goes up to 13.0 MHz when scanning (which makes no sence)

If you point to the same sat and do a detailed scan with both unit?
this weekend I will do some scan tests...I havent been able to do much this week and ever since I started working on the C-band, my KU stuff has been screwed up (have cables to run and get set back up)

Thanks, I was thinking of getting a new unit for feeds, but something with a real fast scan.
It would have to beat the Coolsat by a lot though, looking forward to your tests.

Iceberg, I found this new Buzz receiver for $179.99 plus free shipping.

I also am considering purchasing a Pansat 3500SD. Since you own one and did a review on the new Buzz receiver which one would you buy?

The 3500 has AC-3 output...the Buzz does not.
The 3500 can also be run with a UHF remote and has component output

Stats8...I'm sorry I didnt get to the scan test yet between the Buzz and other receivers. Benn working on other projects. I'll have it up in the next couple days

Last edited:
Stats8

I just tried a comparison between the Buzz and the Coolsat 5000 on G4 C-Band (wanted to see the various signals on the nets)

The Coolsat blew it away

Coolsat scanned G4 C-Band in about 8 minutes
The Buzz took 6 1/2 minutes for H only and about 12 minutes for both polarities

Here's the kicker....Coolsat hit the ever so tough New Mexico religious channel (signal on my Pansat 1500 is between 25-30). Buzz just buzzed through it

I'll do a comparison tomorrow on IA8 & IA6 (I have a dish aimed at those 2 satellites)

Thanks for the information, that proves the Coolsat is still a pretty tough receiver to beat for true FTA.
It really makes a difference when you are trying to find a feed that can show up on any given frequency and symbol rate on a sat.

no problem guys

Stats8-I'll scan IA6 & IA8 tongiht and see what happens. The Buzz has a "fast" scan and a "detail" scan. The fast one is fast but it doesnt hit anything (when I scanned G4 it found one channel). The detail is detailed but slower

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)