BUZZ S2010F

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I acquired two of these receivers from a yard sale. Only one had a remote though. They were owned by a one legged guy. I done a factory reset and everything seems to have gone back to the original software. Anybody have any experience with this receiver. It seems to do blind scan pretty well. I am looking for the latest software. Both of mine say version 02.52-P. Is this original software? Cant find anything about these receivers on the net. I saw Iceberg posted manuals on the forum. Would like to thank him for that.

Thanks.

I used to have a couple Buzz boxes, and I liked the speed and accuracy of the blindscan, and I really liked the signal meter for quality . I think its the best box for lining up a dish.

Can you post a picture ? I want to make sure they are the standard Buzz and not the Buzz Plus, because you don't want to load the wrong firmware. The Buzz PLUS will have a PLUS in the bottom corner .
I think the latest factory file is dated 28 FEb 2006 , if you can find a date in the system info. [edit] I still have a package called Buzzware in my files, which includes the firmware and loader, channel editor, etc .. If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send it to you.
:)

Here is a pic. There is no date in the reciever for the software. However, I'm not sure its the original software either. when I press version all it gives me is

Model S2010F
Bootloader 01.11
Main Software 02.52-P

Any help you can give me I appreciate.

Please check your P.M.

thanks

Attachments

• buzz1.jpg
    buzz1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 161
I had one of those, bought it from GoSatellite, one of our Gold sponsors, based on Iceberg's review. I wish I still had one, just for dialing in dishes, I simply love the signal strength meter. Looks like a scope trace.

I have a Merc II and CS5000 in a drawer, and they see only intermittent use now. Tuning in a dish, generally. Having fun with the CS8000 and AZbox running the two motorized dishes. The BUZZ has a few issues, but I love that signal meter, and being able to bump the dish from the remote quickly.

I'm the same way. I dont need these receivers. Im using a Merc II and have a CS5000 to tune my dishes.
But as i told my wife, They were just sitting there and they acted like they needed a home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts