Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
For those who could see it, 148 is going to be going bye bye soon

The satellite there pretty much is going to die soon. The few channels on there are being moved off that satellite.

Effective Friday, July 31, 2009, DISH Network regrets that customers will be losing their local programming and some public interest programming due to the decommission of a satellite.

For us the freebie channels( Dish 148 screen, a couple slate screens and a bunch of Dish 101 channels) dont mean much. But it will be sad t see 148 go :(

Will make 129W the furthest west KU Sat

more info
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...s/182935-e-files-fcc-de-orbit-e5-aug-3rd.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/183005-important-148-satellite-programming-loss.html

Honestly I think Dish might be done with 148

-International channels moved off 148 to 118. Dish has been pushing 118 for Int'l for almost a year now
-locals that were on there originally got moved to 110/129 when Dish put up E11 & Ciel II. Both sats have alot of spotbeams

The only channels that technically are "gone" are a few PI channels but they'll get moved to 129. Those PI channels are mirrored on 61.5

I dont think we will see those PI's on 129.

The Public Interests channels affected are Classic Arts Showcase, Pentagon Channel, Health & Human Services (HHS) and PAEC.

I don't think Dish any obligations to put PI's on 129.

Kind of sad for me, too, because 148W and 61.5W were great tracking points on the arc for aligning Ku motorized dishes. In fact Denver is essentially smack dab in the middle between them (105W) making both equidistant from true south here. Not that there was anything worth tracking beyond 129W, but it was nice to know the western part of the arc was tracking as well as the eastern part. :(

Los Angeles used to get the auxiliary local Dish Network channels on 148.
They've been gone for several years.
Now, they're spot beamed via one of the newer birds (110 or 119)

Back then, Dish also had something on 157.
I remember aiming a dish that way, but never caught anything.

Well, that frees up two orbital slots for something new! :)

Back then, Dish also had something on 157.
I remember aiming a dish that way, but never caught anything.

Well, that frees up two orbital slots for something new! :)

157 Dish turned back to the FCC a year or so ago. There were 3 transponders there keeping the satellite warm that were dupes of 110
A while back Dish was going to do a 110/119 setup for most of the US and 148/157 for the West and Mountain area. But in typical Dish fashion, they scrapped that idea for something else

yep. Pretty much

well my motor will get a reprieve not having to run over to 148 now :)

A lot of people lost there local off the 148 sat and we cant get them back for them a few people even canceled there service as a result of the 148 sat going bye bye ,We should be launching another Sat I think in 2011 or so but don't quote me on that .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)