Status
Please reply by conversation.

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
BYU TV NoAmerica on 97W 3926 V 3703. There are about 6 soundtracks.
Sound track 1 , the Left channel has the actual sound for the show.
The right channel repeats the word Spanish. For the other sound tracks,
The right channel on each one repeats the name of a language and the left channel repeats the name of another language.

Whats up with that?

During live events they translate the program into these languages. The language announcement that is heard on these tracks are to assist with set-up at their downlinks. This way they will be sure that they are tuned to the correct service and the correct track is selected for the audience to hear the entire broadcast in their native language.

I know, it's weird. But I actually have 14 audio tracks and the 14th one works the way you want. APIDs 1101~110E hex

I did not scroll past the 6th track. I have selected track 14 and sound is good now!

APID 110 should be english stereo.
Some interesting programming on the BYU/LDS channels, and they are really FTA friendly. Other feeds are on G28 at 89W Ku.

I am all straight now, but it was a weird experience. I was watching American Ride and there was a documentary about MLK on.
The audio sort of went like this:

We are in the city of SPANISH Tennessee, where Dr Martin Luther SPANISH was preparing for a SPANISH...

I was all WTF and a little ROTFL! Thanks for the help, lots of good stuff here.

Did you catch the "Pregnant Power Rap" last night LOL
Please make some recommendations.

I just can't stand shows that contain the following:
Competitions
"Reality"
Cast members in a confession booth
Cast members turned against each other by the producers
Someone getting voted on or off something

I don't watch the channel much at all. I had it on while we were discussing it last night. There was a segment which had a bunch of pregnant women doing a rap song on last night while we were talking about it. It was kind of hilarious. But it was promoting pregnancy and I thought that was odd for a religious channel.

Reactions: fred555
I don't watch the channel much at all. I had it on while we were discussing it last night. There was a segment which had a bunch of pregnant women doing a rap song on last night while we were talking about it. It was kind of hilarious. But it was promoting pregnancy and I thought that was odd for a religious channel.

Aren't the Mormons the ones that have lots of kids? No, its lots of wives I think.
Just kidding.

Seriously though, Look at the Osmonds, I think Mormons perhaps promote having a big family?

I guess this channel will be a good opportunity to learn more.

You can have lots of problems with just one wife!

BYU = Mormon University correct?

I mean Brigham Young University was founded by Mormons?

The Mormon Church is the reason my parents came to this country. We lived in SLC for a couple of years. Then they left the church and moved to Montana. I'm glad they did ;)

Studio C is the name of the show that had the rap Magic Static was talking about. It's a show that a bunch of college kids do comedy sketches on, it's usually pretty funny.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts