BYUtvglobal on 89.0°W Galaxy 28 Ku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Does anyone know where a person can pull down the program schedule for BYUtvglobal on satellite Galaxy 28 @ 89.0°W Ku (TP11886 Horizontal, SR 6664 KS/s). Scanned in the channel as "NoAmerica G-28" on my AZBox.

Had to balance the speakers so that only the left channel was on as the right channel keeps repeating a language message (SPANISH.......SPANISH.......SPANISH.......SPANISH......). The audio, however, is in English, but I am listening in mono now as only the left track has the movie audio.

Watched the end of a good movie tonight on this channel. Kind of an "after-school special" type movie about a kid and his coon dogs. I thought it was pretty good. Now there is another movie coming on. Not so sure of this one, foreign language with subtitles. yuck.

But anyway, I would like to find the programming schedule for this channel. Tried looking it up on the net, but I didn't have any luck in the short time I searched. Is anyone here familiar with it?

RADAR

Ke4est,

Thank you. Unfortunately the schedule doesn't match this particular station. At least not quite right. Portions of it do, but currently there is a new program starting (Where the Red Fern Grows) and that doesn't line up with the schedule from the link you provided. This is the same show that I saw the end of earlier this evening. Hmm?

RADAR

Yeah I remember before trying to figure it out and I don't think I quite got it either.

On another note...I may just swing the dish over to 89....That is a very good movie IMO.

interesting. This feed use to be the "backup" of the main feed which is on 91W now (DVB-S2). But I turned this one on and the BYU feed on Directv and they are 2 different shows right now

Did some researching and there is a new feed (this one) which is for folks outside the US
See the Good | BYUtv Global now available online

wiki mentions the schedule is very close
BYU Television Global (also known as BYUtv Global) is a satellite/internet television channel operated by Brigham Young University. Content for BYUtv Global originates from the university and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and is broadcast internationally through satellite systems and the internet. The main purpose of BYUtv Global is to address copyright issues of programming available on BYUtv[4]. BYUtv Global has basically the same program line-up that BYU Television has. When a program without international broadcast privileges is encountered, BYUtv Global airs a different show.
BYU Television Global - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dont see a schedule anywhere though

...Had to balance the speakers so that only the left channel was on as the right channel keeps repeating a language message (SPANISH.......SPANISH.......SPANISH.......SPANISH......). The audio, however, is in English, but I am listening in mono now as only the left track has the movie audio.

...Now there is another movie coming on. Not so sure of this one, foreign language with subtitles. yuck....
Eliminating the SPANISH SPANISH audio on my CS7000 is done by manually switching from LEFT to RIGHT back to LEFT audio channels. If I use STEREO or MONO, the repeated SPANISH word is still heard. I find this same situation of some other stations too.

Foreign movies with subtitles can be good choices to watch. The reason may be that they've gone through filtering and probably only the best makes it to English speaking international audiences. As you get involved, you soon forget you're reading the whole story.

interesting. This feed use to be the "backup" of the main feed which is on 91W now (DVB-S2). But I turned this one on and the BYU feed on Directv and they are 2 different shows right now

Did some researching and there is a new feed (this one) which is for folks outside the US
See the Good | BYUtv Global now available online

wiki mentions the schedule is very close

BYU Television Global - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dont see a schedule anywhere though

Ice,

That quote from "WIKI" seems to make sense here. Or at least it is the most reasonable explanation for why the programming doesn't match. The programming displays the proper LOGO or BYU banner in the bottom right of the screen, so it is definitely derived from the same source - at least originally.But, it is apparently a separate feed.

RADAR

no its different completelly

The station on 89W mainly follows the "main" BYU schedule but when there is an issue with a program and international rights they substitute it
Kinda like MeTV does with some programs. They show other stuff

But with no schedule its hard to see where the differences are

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts