*C Activation procedures From US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ac3100

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I am in MN and have a relative in MB.

I would like to know the proper procedure to activate the service without any issues.

I would like to pay with my credit card which has a US address. If I cannot use it, I can use hers.

When I call, What numbers do they need from the 505HD receiver?

Can I call from here or does she need too?

Does anyone have any good advice for this?

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:
ac3100 said:
I am in MN and have a relative in MB.

I would like to know the proper procedure to activate the service without any issues.

I would like to pay with my credit card which has a US address. If I cannot use it, I can use hers.

When I call, What numbers do they need from the 505HD receiver?

Can I call from here or does she need too?

Does anyone have any good advice for this?

Thanks

Andy
welcome im in Mn as well, just call the 800 number give'em a address in Canada
the numbers they need will be on the side of your ird's packaging on a white sticker
give them those numbers, then setup credi card autopay
enjoy *choice, you should, havent seen too many *choice haters out there

ac3100 said:
The sticker on the starchoice receiver box was cut-out before I got it!
ahh then write down all the numbers from the back of the box on a seperate sheet of paper, hookup then call and give'em those numbers

I called *C and got my account activated.

It went pretty smooth.

There was a second of apprehension when the lady sounded suprised that I did not have an account set up already and that I installed it myself.

I was waiting for the "Let me put you on hold for a second", but she was nice and took my info and I am now watching *C and Directv in my home.

Very cool.

Thanks for all your help with this. Especially Ice.

I have *c and got a canadian address from craig's list, glad to hear there was no problem calling from usa to install. I am going to call to have address changed shortly.

I actually told them it was for an RV. She then told me how to get PPV movies without a phoneline via the web or phone call. I think it was $1 to $2 extra. They give you 20 free PPV movies for signing up.

I actually have my dish setup on the floor of my garage. I open the garage door and watch. I have two saw horses with a sheet of plywood on it with the receiver and T.V and the garage has never been cleaner or more orginized;)

The roof has a steep pitch, I'm afraid of heights :eek: and its icy. I will install the dish when its a little warmer.

I will say that when you try to adjust the dish, that you should find a signal and work on the skew first. I could not beleive what a difference in signal strength by adjusting the skew!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)