*C Activation procedures From US

ac3100

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I am in MN and have a relative in MB.

I would like to know the proper procedure to activate the service without any issues.

I would like to pay with my credit card which has a US address. If I cannot use it, I can use hers.

When I call, What numbers do they need from the 505HD receiver?

Can I call from here or does she need too?

Does anyone have any good advice for this?

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:
ac3100 said:
I am in MN and have a relative in MB.

I would like to know the proper procedure to activate the service without any issues.

I would like to pay with my credit card which has a US address. If I cannot use it, I can use hers.

When I call, What numbers do they need from the 505HD receiver?

Can I call from here or does she need too?

Does anyone have any good advice for this?

Thanks

Andy
welcome im in Mn as well, just call the 800 number give'em a address in Canada
the numbers they need will be on the side of your ird's packaging on a white sticker
give them those numbers, then setup credi card autopay
enjoy *choice, you should, havent seen too many *choice haters out there

ac3100 said:
The sticker on the starchoice receiver box was cut-out before I got it!
ahh then write down all the numbers from the back of the box on a seperate sheet of paper, hookup then call and give'em those numbers

I called *C and got my account activated.

It went pretty smooth.

There was a second of apprehension when the lady sounded suprised that I did not have an account set up already and that I installed it myself.

I was waiting for the "Let me put you on hold for a second", but she was nice and took my info and I am now watching *C and Directv in my home.

Very cool.

Thanks for all your help with this. Especially Ice.

I have *c and got a canadian address from craig's list, glad to hear there was no problem calling from usa to install. I am going to call to have address changed shortly.

I actually told them it was for an RV. She then told me how to get PPV movies without a phoneline via the web or phone call. I think it was $1 to $2 extra. They give you 20 free PPV movies for signing up.

I actually have my dish setup on the floor of my garage. I open the garage door and watch. I have two saw horses with a sheet of plywood on it with the receiver and T.V and the garage has never been cleaner or more orginized;)

The roof has a steep pitch, I'm afraid of heights :eek: and its icy. I will install the dish when its a little warmer.

I will say that when you try to adjust the dish, that you should find a signal and work on the skew first. I could not beleive what a difference in signal strength by adjusting the skew!