Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Had one of my workers pickup a free CBAND 8 footer.
This one is solid in the middle (about 30% in the middle) with fine mesh there after. I have it on a truck right now, and as soon as I can have it unloaded I will take a picture. It is aluminum in case.

Pictures are here..

the center looks more then 30% solid as you can see in picture #1

Picture #2 shows the mesh closer

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 257
Also, what is the value for the following C-BAND receivers that came along with the same 8ft dish.

General Instrument Super 350i
Motorola DSR905 4DTV Digital Sidecar.

BTW: I checked ebay but non listed.

Last edited:
I've never seen a dish like that, maybe somebody knows what it is. Hope you got the mount/LNB supports, etc.

As far as your receiver values, my opinion:

General Instrument Super 350i: very little, you can buy old analog receivers for a couple of bucks plus shipping on eBay.

Motorola DSR905 4DTV Digital Sidecar: I don't know if the 905's have the "battery issue", but as long as it works I think they go for $75-$125.

It looks like a Paraclypse Hydro. Have to look from the back to really identify.

If it is, it is a very nice dish.

The GI Analog receiver is worth nothing.

The DSR-905 has the battery issue just like all the other 4DTV units have.

If the Unit ID is still intact, and everything works, it's worth around $100.00. Change the battery, and it is instantly worth about $150.00.

I've never seen a dish like that, maybe somebody knows what it is. Hope you got the mount/LNB supports, etc.

As far as your receiver values, my opinion:

General Instrument Super 350i: very little, you can buy old analog receivers for a couple of bucks plus shipping on eBay.

Motorola DSR905 4DTV Digital Sidecar: I don't know if the 905's have the "battery issue", but as long as it works I think they go for $75-$125.

Yea this dish kinda weird to me too. I do have the mount for it, let me show you the picture.

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 237
close?

Someone posted pictures of a similar dish a while back.
It was the first of its kind I'd ever seen.

Assuming yours is undamaged, I'd expect it to perform well on both bands.

edit:
Yea, even the mount looks the same.
I think ya got a winner, there!

I know your thread title says 8', but is that dish really that big? Looks closer to 6' to me. :confused:

Whatever size, sure looks like a nice one. :up

In the previous thread, pommiecj said his was 90cm, or 7½ feet.
We'll let Pro96 give it the string test, and run a tape straight across the face and see if they agree. - :up

Still, that solid middle bodes well for Ku! :cool:

In the previous thread, pommiecj said his was 90cm, or 7½ feet.
We'll let Pro96 give it the string test, and run a tape straight across the face and see if they agree. - :up

Still, that solid middle bodes well for Ku! :cool:

Ah so, missed that 7.5 feet in the other thread, thanks.

That little 5' solid I have was identified by some here as a Paraclipse Hydro, but it doesn't have any of the small holes in it, and the mount is quite different. They probably had several models though.

I found a Paraclipse brochure with all the info for ya...just a little googling....Man am I jealous...I don't even NEED another dish and I'd LOVE to have that Para...its a danged shame they stopped making reflectors....:(

Attachments

• paraclipsebrochure.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 522
Phlat - there ya go - docs on your little guy!

Linuxman was right about the brand, and Stogie came home with the docs!
Man, I love this forum! - :up - :eek: - :D

Phlat - there ya go - docs on your little guy!

Thanks to the Stogmeister! :)

8' 2" across

Man, that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Nice find.

Here's pics of mine, it's a 5 footer. Doesn't look like anything in that brochure so I'm not sure what it is. :confused:

Attachments

• Sat Para Hydro CoRotor7.JPG
    Sat Para Hydro CoRotor7.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Sat Para Hydro Mount2.JPG
    Sat Para Hydro Mount2.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 202
The 905 is a nice receiver for DCII programming

You might want to get the newest maps on those. They can be updated on any premium movie mux. I use Starz on G5 (125W) channel 100

the main one is G1 (G15 133W) TP3...since the 905 is digital only let it sit on 167-177 (one of those)...that will get the guide and the updated maps

unless its been done recently then you dont need to do that ;)

OK here is the deal.. I took the dish home yesterday and as soon as I was unloading it the darn HOA person approached me right away and said "OH NO SIR" and gave me a huge hassle. Well after the argument, I decided I did not want the hassle and brought it back to my warehouse at the office.

So if anyone in Los Angeles county wants this dish, come and get it.
I am located in the 818 Valley right off the 405 Freeway near Galpin Ford.

Shoot me a PM if you want the exact address..

sad situation:

Shall I give you the number of my lawyer? - :(

Hate to see ya give up on this sweet deal of a dish!
But, you'd probably gotten the same guff over one of those 6' Prodelin offset dishes I told ya about, too.

Well, our buddy, Qwert1515 is out your general way.
May I suggest you offer him the right of first refusal?
I'm butt-deep in similar dishes, but agree with Stogie that it's really hard to resist.

Here's hoping something good comes from all this. - :up

Shall I give you the number of my lawyer? - :(

Hate to see ya give up on this sweet deal of a dish!
But, you'd probably gotten the same guff over one of those 6' Prodelin offset dishes I told ya about, too.

Well, our buddy, Qwert1515 is out your general way.
May I suggest you offer him the right of first refusal?
I'm butt-deep in similar dishes, but agree with Stogie that it's really hard to resist.

Here's hoping something good comes from all this. - :up

Yup sux bigtime, the only dish I have been able to use is the Fortec 6ft which sits on the ground along with the 1.2m.

If Qwert1515 wants it, its cool with me but I have also posted some ads with free dish so its pretty much first come first served.

Qwert1515, I have the all hardware needed in case you are interested. Also the Feedhorn arms (3) and polar mount. Also have the Pole that was cut from the ground up and has the 3.5" adapter on the tip end.

BTW: This dish is solid so you would need an open truck + plenty of rope to haul away.

OK dish is about to go soon.. scrap metal truck just pulled up to the parking area, might get picked up most likely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)