c band alignment question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mapleleaf69

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
ok guys ive followed your last instructions and have read till my eyes hurt.
now my question is i have great signal from 85w to 107w.but from 118w to 127w i get nothiong at all unless i go out and lower the dish about 1 inch.so my question is to you, is my actuator arm not set properly as my pole is level as can be in all directions.
ive tried to adjust the level nut enough to get signal on all sats but when i go from 125 to 101w the signal is so low that i have nothing at all on 99w and beyond.i had much better signal from 72w to 127w when the dam dish was leaning backwards.now that its plume its all F'd up and the wife thinks i should just give up and forget about it.
she thinks i need a new hobby as i spend to much time away from her screwing with my dishes an not her, lmao.please help guys to get the wife off me so to speak. roflmao

Sounds to me like your polar axis isn't lined up with the North Star. The post
can be totally plumb, but the axis must be in line with Earth's axis.

I lined mine up on a clear night, by aiming the dish all the way East so I could
see along the spine of the axis, loosened the mount bolts, and aimed it like a
gun at Polaris. I get good signals from 55*W thru 137*W.

Polar alignment is but one of three important adjustments, make sure your
elevation angle is proper for your latitude, as well as the declination offset.
With these three settings done properly, you'll be in business. I used a good
quality "protractor combination head" to set my angles. (see pic)

The satguys here showed me this link; .geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html ,
It gave me lots of "Aha" revelations. Everything you need is in there.

Hope I've helped.

Attachments

• combocomp_edited.jpg
    combocomp_edited.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 158
Try to determine if the Sats to your far east need the same adjustments as those to your far west.

If both sides need same adjustments: adjust Declination and Elevation

If both sides need opposite adjustments: adjust Azimuth

Yep, just picture your arc. If you have to go up on east and down on west then rotate your dish mount to east or vice versa just a bit at a time till you dont have to adjust on either side.

ok guys ive followed your last instructions and have read till my eyes hurt.
now my question is i have great signal from 85w to 107w.but from 118w to 127w i get nothiong at all unless i go out and lower the dish about 1 inch.so my question is to you, is my actuator arm not set properly as my pole is level as can be in all directions.
ive tried to adjust the level nut enough to get signal on all sats but when i go from 125 to 101w the signal is so low that i have nothing at all on 99w and beyond.i had much better signal from 72w to 127w when the dam dish was leaning backwards.now that its plume its all F'd up and the wife thinks i should just give up and forget about it.
she thinks i need a new hobby as i spend to much time away from her screwing with my dishes an not her, lmao.please help guys to get the wife off me so to speak. roflmao

you for sure arent on the arc properly...
either your azimuth, elevation, or declination could be out... this 3 page site will help you tune your BUD
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)