C-band Back in the Day...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm with the green one>nobody will notice from a distance, that first panel looks super, the 'bad' one, doubt it'll stand out very much from a few feet. I saw a VW bug one time that two drunk teenagers stole and painted with brushes, now THAT was a bad paint job, lol.

I painted my VW microBus with a roller once, and it didn't look too bad, considering. It had been in a fire, so it was much improved.
:)

Well its back together...and flat. Strings touched perfectly. I didn't get the petals back in their original position, the LNB arm mounts aren't symmetrical. But I got a drill. :)

And its HEAVY! :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Now to find a mount. I have some parts, but not for this dish, and without the original mount, I don't know for sure how it works...I am polar mount ignorant....ideas appreciated!

EDIT: the last pic is what I have. The original mount cap, and the square dealie comes off a winegard pinnacle I scrapped after Katrina.

Attachments

• SDC10229.JPG
    SDC10229.JPG
    478.5 KB · Views: 146
  • SDC10230.JPG
    SDC10230.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 153
  • SDC10231.JPG
    SDC10231.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 153
  • what I got.jpg
    what I got.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Strings touched perfectly.
Good job! Glad to hear the dish didn't get bent outta shape, stored as it was!
I didn't get the petals back in their original position, ...
Why not? Oh, you didn't take it apart (so they weren't marked).
...the LNB arm mounts aren't symmetrical. But I got a drill. :)
I can't see their non-symmetry, but the pix don't show everything.
Could you figure out where the panels go and re-assemble?
And its HEAVY! :rant::rant::rant::rant:
doh! - :rolleyes:
Now to find a mount. I have some parts, but not for this dish, and without the original mount, I don't know for sure how it works...I am polar mount ignorant....ideas appreciated!
Well, all I know about 'em is what I've read on the Geo-Orbit site...
... and from looking at all the dish 'n mount pictures I've archived over the years.
Shouldn't be too hard to come up with a simple design, if ya gotta start from scratch.
Show us your bits, and maybe we can figure a simple solution (less fabrication).

Looking good, Stogmeister!

I believe I have read one of the fiber BUD gurus (maybe ACR?) say that you are better off not assembling the petals in their original positions.

That way, if things are a little off, the new petal arrangement will tend to pull everything back to the original parabolic curve......maybe?

Then again, that may have been a pigment (gray) of my imagination.

Very cool project, nice to see a piece of your family sat history heading back to work. :up

i found a 10 ft fiberglass too , was thinking about saving it just like you are doing (mainly cause i think it will be a good dish for S-2) . they have taken it off the mount and layed the dish on the ground. so it should be mine for the asking i'm sure.

it does have a mount and i can probably take a few pictures of it if you would like

some pictures of parts and pieces

Stogus, here are some totally large pictures of the things I told you I had, if they aren't too big to get loaded here. And also, I was spotted by an extraneous anole while I was doing my junkyard survey, see if YOU can find him! Hint : he's pointed downhill , haha.

Attachments

• 00014.jpg
    00014.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 00012.jpg
    00012.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 00010.jpg
    00010.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 159
I found some mount parts for an old Hurricane damaged Pinnacle that I scrapped a couple years ago, but I did have the sense to save the mount parts...most of them....

You guys with Pinnacles...could I get some closeup pics of your mount? The PDF's in the manual section does NOT match what I have....

Attachments

• IMG00077-20100927-1052.jpg
    IMG00077-20100927-1052.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG00078-20100927-1053.jpg
    IMG00078-20100927-1053.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG00079-20100927-1053.jpg
    IMG00079-20100927-1053.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG00080-20100927-10531.jpg
    IMG00080-20100927-10531.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 123
I found some mount parts for an old Hurricane damaged Pinnacle that I scrapped a couple years ago, but I did have the sense to save the mount parts...most of them....

You guys with Pinnacles...could I get some closeup pics of your mount? The PDF's in the manual section does NOT match what I have....

That mount is from a winegard dish.

Got the mount painted and on the pole, still gonna have to take it down to weld some padeyes on it for a turnbuckle, but I just wanted to see what it looks like...:D

Attachments

• IMG00090-20101004-1551.jpg
    IMG00090-20101004-1551.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 135
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts