C-Band Dead?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Basically, the maps sent out by the ACC to your IRD, the maps tell the "dumb" IRD the current satellite list (with the outdated designations such as G1, G5, and Telstar satellites) And, give the IRD information it needs such as virtual channel number, modulation type, FEC, and whether or not channel is subscribed or not.

Unfortunately for us, Motorola decided to not offer for box owners to update their own satellite lists and hack in their own information, like you would with a fta box. So basically we are at the mercy of Motorola and or HITS with maps. Without them, the box is pretty much useless.

One thing to keep in mind, if you do master reset, original satellite list will show up(and the email about upgrading to dsr922) , -if you just want to use it as a dish mover.

Seems that we've already lost most of what we subscribed to through NPS, so I'm looking at a little crummy replacement to my wonderful BUD. NPS is pushing Dish Network hard, and while they look to me to suit my needs better than Direct TV, I don't want to subscribe through NPS, as they were/are a pain to deal with, with me. Any suggestions along that train of thought?

If you subscribe to dish network your subscribing to the enemy that helped to destroy our great buds and giving in to NPS and Charlies plan. I would turn off the tv all together before giving one thin dime to dish network. This is one guy that would never reward the guy who's dirty plan was to steal you away from c band for himself in the first place.

Basically, the maps sent out by the ACC to your IRD, the maps tell the "dumb" IRD the current satellite list (with the outdated designations such as G1, G5, and Telstar satellites) And, give the IRD information it needs such as virtual channel number, modulation type, FEC, and whether or not channel is subscribed or not.

Unfortunately for us, Motorola decided to not offer for box owners to update their own satellite lists and hack in their own information, like you would with a fta box. So basically we are at the mercy of Motorola and or HITS with maps. Without them, the box is pretty much useless.

One thing to keep in mind, if you do master reset, original satellite list will show up(and the email about upgrading to dsr922) , -if you just want to use it as a dish mover.

BTW has anyone made any headway into the 4play with the 922 or any other way to hack into the memory so we can update our own receivers?

C band is long from dead.But 4dtv is because of the lousy providers we have.All of them are the same one plays bad cop the other one the good cop both they are both working together to kill c band.The reason skyvision wants us to sub to w5 only is because they want us to do a master reset and lose our map so we don't have fta anymore.Once we're there they are gonna piss us off so bad that everybody will run and get dishnet.That's why I don't sub to anything anymore.There is enough on Cband for free that me and my family can watch.I don't need subscription.I can already see what's gonna happen after january 1 2011.It's gonna be like this:WE REGRET T INFORM YOU THAT AS OF 11 FEB 2011 DISNEY XD WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE FOR SUBSCRIBTION,MARCH 2011 ;WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT VERSUS WILL BE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SUBSCRIPTION TO C BAND DISH SUBSCRIBERS.APRIL:WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU CAN NO LONGER SUBSCRIBE TO TEENNICK AND NICKJR.MAY:NAT GEO HAS ANNOUNCED IT WILL NO LONGER OFFER SERVICE TO C BAND SUBSCRIBERS and more and more and more.THat's how it was for the past 1,5 years.They're to lazyto make deals with channels so they'll stay look at ESPN it's on vc2 but they won't make a deal withthem because they want to piss us off t get us to dishnetwork.They even UNMAPPED the FREE DMX music channels.To hell with them I will never sub again.I will get dishnet one day because I know that one day they will kill fta too ut till fta is till arond I'll keep it fta only!!!!!I don't need subscription.C band is more then still alive in my house it's better then ever and it's gonna stay.I am the costumer so they have to present me something I like so I can subscribe.I am not gonna beg dishnet or anybody to let me sub when I get only bad service.I also stopped my cable service because I was TIRED of SWAPPING CABLE BOXES everytime because they all have problems.C band is more reliable then cable now cable equipment has gone to hell so more reasonto keepmy C band.And to skyvision and Programming center and NPS:Thank you for ruining such a great system!!!!

Although the big dish for me has been a great hobby, I can't picture it still being around in 5 yrs.

Fiber optic is installed in my community. My friend who works with Verizon and fiber, puts it this way

"What's cheaper than glass"

I have a hard time imagining satellite being able to compete on price as time passes. As I stated before, unless governments see (and subsidize) satellite for national security purposes, I don't know how they will compete with fiber optics.

The BUD will live on for the hobbyists i'm sure. But subscription BUD i'm pretty sure will not be around for much longer. Especially with the pizza pan offerings out there and WAF (wife acceptance factor) coming into play.

That being said, Ku birds have a bunch of feeds in the clear all day long. I spent 4-5 hours the other day just randomly blind scanning the sky. Found LOTS including ESPN-U feed for a football game. (can't remember who though, kept scanning!)

Talking about Cband going away? I've just recently come upon a cache of dishes that includes two mesh 12 footers, one solid 6 footer and a solid 5 footer that belong to one of the original BUD seller/installers around my area. He also thinks that he may have a couple of the receivers too. Just moved the 6 footer last weekend and will get the 12 footers once the first frost kills off the weeds, snakes and chiggers so I'm planning on scanning the sky for as long as there's a signal there for me to receive.

Like others here I'm not going to pay Skydishnet for W5 stuff if it's going to kill my 920s mapping as that is more valuable to me than 20 channels of useless crap that I DON'T want to watch. And BTW, I went to Skydishnet back last week and was actually going to buy a 3 month 4DTV sub from them until I saw the Dishnetworks link, which I followed to a point where I could have signed up?? Humm, déjà vu all over again as this was the same way that TurnerVision, SuperStar and NPS operated?? So, SKYDISHNET LOST A SUB BECAUSE THEY OFFER DISHNETWORK SUBS! They could probably give a rats azz less what I think, but my money is still in my pocket! ;-)

But back to the BUD stuff, yeah, I resurrected my old Echostar 7000 receiver and plan to use it with the recently acquired Janiel Junior 6 footer I'm going to plant soon. Since I plan to use an Invacom LNBF on it I may replace that Echostar receiver with another dish controller eventually just because it would use less electricity and NO, I'm not “green”, I'm just cheap! ;-) Yup, I'm a BUD kinda guy.

The other thing to worry about is part availability.Because skyvision is gonna stop selling fta receivers and lnb,actuators and things like that to kill c band.Then we will have to order everything from foreign countrys everytime we need something like an LNB servo motor or something like that.I went to a satelitte store in the Netherlands there they still subscribe to masters because they don't have services like dishnet over there.But the thing is all Lnb's there are circular they don't use Horizontal or vertical there just circular so they won't work over here.But I'll see what I"ll do the big dish it's still better even with fta the picture quality for most channels is better then with dishnet.I have a home theather system with 5.1 surround sound and some channels have ac3 audio and they sound amazing on my system it's almost as good as hd audio.C band is something VERY HIGH END and it's a threat to the small dish people that's why they have to treat it like this.Because they know that the numbers have a potential to grow so that' why they won't go away they'll stay but they keep giving us bad service to piss us off slowly to turn us to small dish.

only thing i can get on c-band is shepherd chapel. and when i use my fta receiver on
gax 16 i only get World Harvest TV how come i can't get My Network TV or FamilyNet TV and the other c-band ch on gax 16

digital on big dish

from what I we can still get all the channels but it needs a new box & program (you have to pay) you get it through "SKYVISION' location USA, the bird is W5, but you need a USA address & I think phone #, I have the same problem & trying to work out address & phone # :mad: Without having either in US If any body has an answer please let me know

I bought a BUD back in 1990 and the guy I purchased if off of said "C Band is dead", only because he was one of the people that was getting HBO and other analog channels ITC and didn't think much of hunting for other feeds. (needless to say I got the rig pretty cheap)
I made good use of the dish and remember stations like Court TV, TLC, Nick at nights TVLand and a host of other "stuff" all broadcast ITC.
Then in the mid 90s quite a number of broadcasters go digital and more people say "C Band is dead". Eventually the pizza sized Ku dishes take over in the late 90s and by 2000 even more people are saying "C Band is dead". My question is that if "C band is dead" why is it that I get more TV ITC now in the year 2010 then I ever did back in 1990s when everyone was saying "C Band is dead"? Some in HD.

C-Band will not die until all the providers stop downloading their feeds at that frequency.
The feeds themselves may become more and more inaccessible though.

Far too many rural areas in America for C Band to be dieing. Radio will always exist, does not matter if its HF or microwave.

Quite a few here are saying C band is dead. That is far from the truth with the right equipment there are allot of signals to watch for free. Subscription on the other hand is down to W5 only next year. I don't buy into Skyvision and SRL being evil dishnet (well maybe not yet) Skyvision has been selling pizza for many many years I have old catalogs to prove it.

I will also not sub to W5 if they expect to kill our generic mappings with it. I hope that ones in power at SRL and Skyvision get this through their heads that if needed they better grease Comcast palms and add that from the beginning. Actually it is a wise business decision since they need us if they want this to fly. Name of the game is don't play the NPS lie/cheap game. We have been through it before and I for one can see through it. Make people happy by doing not talking. NPS had a goldmine that they destroyed by greedy poor business decisions. C banders are loyal as puppy dogs and once you send them away with their tail between their legs they don't come back. I hope that the SRL/Sky team understand this and build a future. Even if it means dropping a few bucks as an investment that will pay off in the long run. In short don't pull a Mike Mountford it will backfire.

I have 4dtv and cband and free to air something or the other (used to be able to get al jeezera news on it-I think). Got Al Jeezera on one of them. But mostly watch cspan on cband. Hope that continues.

I have 4dtv and cband and free to air something or the other (used to be able to get al jeezera news on it-I think). Got Al Jeezera on one of them. But mostly watch cspan on cband. Hope that continues.

There's a lot out there on both FTA and C-band and if nothing else I'll listen to music from HITs on the W5 satellite. Today I told the wife I'm looking at stopping by a house and see if I can pickup another 6' mess dish I saw last week...that part didn't go over very well, but she'll get over it.

That's the thing I happen to be married to a BRazilian so she doesn't care much about what I do.In fact she ACTUALLY LIKES C band because she an watch Brazilian channels and other foreign country's channel with it.There is no way to get those with DISHNET.She thinks Dishnet is a waste of money.The only ones who want me the sub are the kids.Especially my daughter she wants Disney channel and the other kids channels but right now they are watching the shows on the computer.But they watch a lot of JCTV and SOAC on tv and both me and my wife thinks that it's good for them to watch these.Because a lot of channels are feeding bad things to the minds of our kids channels like MTV and here's some christian channels we get FOR FREE we don't even have to pay.Me myself I speak dutch so I watch BVN TV a lot.That's on 113w Ku they have good shows news game shows a lot of stuff COMMERCIAL FREE.Sometimes I watch Al Jazeera too or DW.Or My family tv I watch that too sometimes and these channels take so many of my time so I don't have time to watch anything else.So that's why it's difficult for me to switch to dishnet.Because I won't have any benifit because we all have strange tv habits that actually go better with the BIG DISH.SO....LONG LIVE THE BIG DISH!!!!!!!

It will be interesting to see what Jan 2011 brings. We just got a letter from NPS saying that "C-Band programming and services will no longer exist as of December 30, 2010 from any C-Band Provider."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts