C-band dish 8' want to get rid of it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband1976

Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Lady Lake, FL
I have an older 8' C-band satellite dish attached to a 20ft pole on the back of my house that has not been used for about 10 years. It is a metal mesh, I assume aluminum. I have no use for it, yet am tired of looking at it and would like to get rid of this thing. A friend suggested that I take it to a scrap yard to get the money for the metal but after doing some research on these forums I have discovered that people still use/desire them. I would hate to see it go to a scrap yard when someone could actually use it.

My question is how could I get in touch with the right people to see about unloading this thing? I can send pictures, I have no idea about the make, etc. I live between Orlando and Ocala, FL.

Any help or suggestion as to what to do with it would be helpful. My email is m1tank@embarqmail.com if needed.

Thanks in advance.

thanks !

Getting it down and hauled away would be a pain for you.
If we can find someone who wants it, they could do you a big service by removing it.

If you could get some pictures and post here, we'll try to identify it, and find you someone who could use it.
Shoot some from the front, some from the back, some from the side... and any close-ups possible would be helpful.
Worst case, if it's totally tattered, we can advise you.

Thanks for visiting SatelliteGuys.
With any luck, you'll find one of our other forum departments to your liking, and become a regular visitor! - :up - :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts