C-Band Dish, tower in Oregon...bring a crane ..sign a waiver!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
bad job:

Wow, what a bad job of salesmanship!
- no tower height
- no tower diameter
- no dish brand
- no dish diameter
- no LNB info (but I'll assume C-band)
- no info on the motor, but at least you can see it's got one.

I do like the foot pegs on the tower: I'd bid an additional 99¢ just for those! - ;)

Insurance

You have to comply with all the state's rules and laws, workers have to be insured through workmens comp, bonded, etc etc. One million dollars worth of automobile liability, plus one million dollar general liability policy, blah blah. For all that, you could go buy the dish someplace , and have it delivered lol.

Looks like a standard actuator. My guess is, it's a 12 to 16 foot diameter, obviously commercial dish.

With that tower, you would have a lot of location options and not too much interference with your usable outdoor space.

Crane and Shipping would be the expense. By the time you rented the crane and paid for the shipping, I think it would cost maybe $2000. Depending on ts weight, you might be able to get it done with a sign crane. A little cheaper.

Then, after setting your big concrete footing in, you'd need the crane again to set it up. Another maybe 1500 bucks.

Expensive, but it would be a sweet system. Bet you could pick up alien transmissions with it.

A demolition yard near by me had one that looked just like that.

Being in a populated area, with a yard frontage of 70', a wife, and no way to afford moving it or getting it up in the air, put the kibosh on anything like that.

I did think about it, of course.

It would really be a shame if this one went to a scrap yard.

Doesn't someone have a farm somewhere in or near Oregon?

Make the deal to get it, go pour your footing with incorporated mounting bolts, and go get it. drop that thing in place as soon as you get it home.

I would mount it right next to my house so I could get roof access to it to change stuff.

but I'm hearing the scrap truck pull up.

If the auction didn't end in 45 minutes, I'd drop by on my way to the nearby Costco this evening and get some specs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)