C-band dishes in md/dc/pa area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mshaffer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hi, does anybody know of any c-band dishes in the dc/md/va area? I found a couple mesh dishes, but was thinking of getting a solid one for my second dish. There is one in NY but that's a little too far. Was hoping somebody here knew of one.

Thanks,
Michael Shaffer

Hi Mike, Ride down to Southern Maryland, Saint Mary's county you will find pleanty sitting around.

I moved from Md to VA 12 years ago. I'm retired so it is the best move I have ever made.

A buddy of mine who still lives in MD has a solid dish he wants to give me, I don't need it but am going to take it when I get a chance.

Still there are pleanty of BUD's every where in Southern MD.

Hi Michael, I don't know of any dishes in that area but....when you say "solid" dish, do you mean a solid metal dish?

I haven't seen many solid fiberglass dishes I would even consider taking over a mesh dish of the same size, with everything else (electronics/condition/etc.) being equal.

If you don't know the mesh size inside the fiberglass you can't really know if it will be capable of Ku-band reception.

Another bad thing about the 'glass dishes is they are much heavier than mesh, requiring heavier duty mounts/actuators, etc.

Good luck with the hunt! :)

I have a 6" and 10" foot mash dishes and both are for sale i am in Silver Spring MD

I think I'm going to hold out for at least a 12' mesh or 10' solid aluminum. Thanks anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)