C-band dishes in md/dc/pa area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mshaffer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hi, does anybody know of any c-band dishes in the dc/md/va area? I found a couple mesh dishes, but was thinking of getting a solid one for my second dish. There is one in NY but that's a little too far. Was hoping somebody here knew of one.

Thanks,
Michael Shaffer

Hi Mike, Ride down to Southern Maryland, Saint Mary's county you will find pleanty sitting around.

I moved from Md to VA 12 years ago. I'm retired so it is the best move I have ever made.

A buddy of mine who still lives in MD has a solid dish he wants to give me, I don't need it but am going to take it when I get a chance.

Still there are pleanty of BUD's every where in Southern MD.

Hi Michael, I don't know of any dishes in that area but....when you say "solid" dish, do you mean a solid metal dish?

I haven't seen many solid fiberglass dishes I would even consider taking over a mesh dish of the same size, with everything else (electronics/condition/etc.) being equal.

If you don't know the mesh size inside the fiberglass you can't really know if it will be capable of Ku-band reception.

Another bad thing about the 'glass dishes is they are much heavier than mesh, requiring heavier duty mounts/actuators, etc.

Good luck with the hunt! :)

I have a 6" and 10" foot mash dishes and both are for sale i am in Silver Spring MD

I think I'm going to hold out for at least a 12' mesh or 10' solid aluminum. Thanks anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts