C-Band FAQ's idea thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks good to me, thanks for taking the time to make up a comprehensive faq. Now we need to dig in the archives and get some troubleshooting tips in there, such as

1)How to wire up an analog/ 4dtv reciever

2) hooking a FTA reciever to an analog / 4dtv reciever

3) dish wont move? test these things ( i know we have a post in the archives that covers this)

Great job and once again thanks, we needed this

[edit] i tried to find the link for the dish wont move faq, but i cant seem to find any pages before 12-05 in the cband area [/edit]

Last edited:
drhydro said:
3) dish wont move? test these things ( i know we have a post in the archives that covers this)
[edit] i tried to find the link for the dish wont move faq, but i cant seem to find any pages before 12-05 in the cband area [/edit]

Probably could use some of the posts from my thread about my problem with the 922 and the Nextcomm mod.

drhydro said:
Looks good to me, thanks for taking the time to make up a comprehensive faq. Now we need to dig in the archives and get some troubleshooting tips in there, such as

1)How to wire up an analog/ 4dtv reciever

2) hooking a FTA reciever to an analog / 4dtv reciever

tdti1 said:
looks good like this.
iammike said:
looks good to me!
Thanks Guys...

Shawn95GT said:
The 4DTV / Analog receivers won't control a DiSEQc switch that I know of. Some people have used A/B switches to select different sats or even setup a fixed small dish for X4 connected to the Ku side. This is especially usefull for guys who have dishes with large mesh that can't do Ku.

My HTS System had built in options for a 22k switch. If you receiver will support it, it would let you select a couple different LNBs (or dishes).

Shawn

Shawn;
Using a small Ku-band dish with a BUD is an excellent idea when the C-band dish mesh is too big, but we need to go a little further when suggesting this option with the 4Dtv to those considering this option.
The little dish will need a Ku-band LNBF. Since the 4Dtv cannot be formatted to C-band Linear and Ku-band LNBF, when switching between C & Ku-band, we would need to go to Options 6-4-2 menu and change formatting from C-band Linear to Ku-Band LNBF when we want to watch X4. AND don't forget to go back to C-band linear before you go to bed so the dish can get the channel mapping done while you're snoring away dreaming about Olympic Gold for the U.S.A.

AllenA1

allena1 said:
Shawn;
Using a small Ku-band dish with a BUD is an excellent idea when the C-band dish mesh is too big, but we need to go a little further when suggesting this option with the 4Dtv to those considering this option.
The little dish will need a Ku-band LNBF. Since the 4Dtv cannot be formatted to C-band Linear and Ku-band LNBF, when switching between C & Ku-band, we would need to go to Options 6-4-2 menu and change formatting from C-band Linear to Ku-Band LNBF when we want to watch X4. AND don't forget to go back to C-band linear before you go to bed so the dish can get the channel mapping done while you're snoring away dreaming about Olympic Gold for the U.S.A.

AllenA1
You make a good point - it isn't as painless as it seems on the surface.

If one was going to go to the trouble to setup another another dish for Ku, then it'd probably be a good idea to switch to a C-Band LNBF on the BUD to alleviate the problem you're describing.

Quick 4DTV generic hook up instructions

Here is a quick link to the NPS website that shows a generic 4DTV hook up procedure. Click on the follwoing link or paste it into your browser. http://www.callnps.com/4DTVinstall.htm

I would recomment getting a copy of the installation manual if this is not enough detail!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.