C-BAND Feed Question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005

I was handed a C-BAND LNB that is marked 3.7-4.2 Ghz...(other equipment is listed with my signature below) and have a few questions:

1) Is the frequency setting for the coolsat still 5.150? Any other settings?

2) The LNB makes a 90 degree turn into a small white box...can the grey scalar ring and polarizer (blue box) be removed to help with the weight of the unit, and simply attach the white box to the P* dish arm?

3) Anyone know how to interface the "blue box" polarizer? (voltage, switches, etc.)? I didn't get a controller for it!

4) Same question as #3 for an older actuator arm motor?

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• LNB_PIC.JPG
    LNB_PIC.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 136
That is a prime focus C-band LNB / Feedhorn.

That blue box is what switches you between Horz and Vertical Transponders. The Coolsat doesn't have a means to control it. I just sold my Coolsat for this very reason!

In your case, I'd recomend just getting a Voltage switched LNB such as the ASC421 from DMS. It'll be a lot cheaper and lighter for you.

Shawn95GT said:
In your case, I'd recomend just getting a Voltage switched LNB such as the ASC421 from DMS. It'll be a lot cheaper and lighter for you.

PSB sells the ASC421, that is where I got mine from. I think they are about $30 shipped. :)

Thanks for the help guys. At that price...looks like a new LNB may be the best way to go...

Mike1234 said:

3) Anyone know how to interface the "blue box" polarizer? (voltage, switches, etc.)? I didn't get a controller for it!

That looks like an old Chaparral unit. The polarizer can be controlled with an analog receiver as can the control arm. $15 max on FleaBay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)