C-band Hardware Acquired

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Yesterday I discovered one reason why mesh C-band dishes are not so plentiful in southern Nova Scotia. I met with a man who actively searches for and collects mesh dishes (bigger the better!) and cuts the dishes up to remove the struts that hold the mesh. These struts are perfect, he says, for building greenhouses with a semi-circular arch roof. :rolleyes:

He has no need for the associated hardware so he gave all the following to me for the price of carrying it all off his property. I'd be interested in opinions as to how useful this stuff is if I ever actually find a dish.

Uniden UST-9900 Videocipher II Descrambler Equipped Stereo Satellite Receiver: qty. 1
Uniden UST-9900P Power Supply: qty. 1
Uniden UST-9900r Remote Control: qty. 1
Uniden UST-9900 Instruction Manual (30 pages) c1987 ("Television. As you've never seen it before."): qty. 1

Uniden UST-2000 Satellite Receiver: qty. 1
General Instrument 2000PS Antenna Positioner Power Supply (no instruction manual or remote control): qty. 1

Chaparral feedhorn: qty. 3
Tee-Com feedhorn: qty. 1
Chaparral polarizer: qty. 3
Star Trak polarizer: qty. 1
MA Electronics Canada Ga As FET LNB: qty. 1
Star Trak 41 deg 60 dB gain LNB (Japan): qty. 1
Star Trak 42 deg 60 dB gain LNB (Japan): qty. 1
Star Trak 47 deg 60 dB gain LNB (Japan): qty. 1
44" feedhorn S-pipe support: qty. 1
66" feedhorn support struts w/flanges: qty. 4
66" feedhorn support struts w/flanges (one end cut off): qty. 8
Feedhorn cover: qty. 3
24" actuator: qty. 3
36" actuator: qty. 1
4 11/16" mast bracket: qty. 1

:facepalm (AAaaarrrgggh) on "Project Greenhouse's" Think he could have just as easily, and economically, bent new tubing.. Quite the haul on the "experienced" electronics. Good thing he didn't re-purpose the actuators to open windows or such.:eek:
If you ever make it around here, I know where there's a few "glass and mesh 10 ft. BUD's. (in my reserve supply)

Don't give him ideas about the actuators. He'll do it. I imagine it's all about cost and availability. The dishes are free and they are local in his area. Your coordinates put you a ways north of our route in our RV from Cleveland to Vancouver in 2003. I had two mesh BUDs in storage at that time which I discarded (literally at the local dump) before moving east. Things we regret after-the-fact.

it never ceases to amaze me how quickly people are destroying these dishes. it really proves the mentality of people. a movement started long ago by pizza companies and cable is still rolling even after they abandoned their campaigns to kill c band.

a lot of what is going on in the world could be explained by this example.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)