just ordered an openbox s10

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only problems Ive had on C-Band is lock ups on some stuff here and there. Some versions of firmware is not bad as others. Just have to find the one that is right for you.

Sent from my Rooted Kindle Fire using SatelliteGuys

make sure you have a good null modem cable and pc with a serial port,I'm sure you will need that at some point.

There is a new S10 model out there with Component Output. See if you can get this new model. I did it. With Component Output you will be able to feed 2 HDTVs at the same time and it can work as a secundary output just in case the HDMI goes wrong.

There is a new S10 model out there with Component Output. See if you can get this new model. I did it. With Component Output you will be able to feed 2 HDTVs at the same time and it can work as a secundary output just in case the HDMI goes wrong.

Doesnt FTAFridge always out of those?? Ive always checked and never in stock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Carlos,

Do these run same firmware as others, I assume they do, and what version are you running?

Yea can u post the actual firmware they come with??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The S10 with Component is the same. It runs all S10 firms out there. Unfurtunally I'm using an old firm because all my dishes are fixed. The version I'm using is the only one Freeze/Lockups FREE. Like I mentioned it worked for me because of the fixed dishes so I assume if you're using a motor will not work as well. Also, it will only allow to record a single channel at the time (most recent firms will allow multiple records within the same TP. Its 07-14-11. The firm that came in its a custom made version made by Hypermegasat with the CW's and the most recent gone channels from 118.8W. So I erase it almost immediatly after received. Something that I did and will recommend everyone is to get a real small fan (i got a 6" 115V completely plastic for $7) which is on top and ON 24/7

I have had very good luck with my S9 but I am not impressed with the fit and finish of the S10. Definitely a cheaper box.

I've got two AZBoxes and also 2 Openbox S9s and I really can't tell the difference in picture on either? The AZs have more bells and whistles but hey, there's not a single function that I want in an STB that I can't do with this S9 and at 1/3 the price, you just can't beat it! 4.2.2? I can't remember the last feed I couldn't get with the S9 because it was 4.2.2!

Something that I did and will recommend everyone is to get a real small fan (i got a 6" 115V completely plastic for $7) which is on top and ON 24/7

Agreed on the heat produced! Another VERY cheap way to cool it without modifying or opening is to get a small 12-volt PC fan at a hamfest or PC store, (mine was two bucks) and attach the appropriate wire/connector, and just plug it in to the back of the receiver! Openbox has a jack for DC voltage on the back for which I can't find any other puroose!

My S10 has stayed cool, with NO adverse effect on LNB voltages, and the unit seems "happier". (quicker than when it's running hot during channel changes and menu options.) No extra AC outlets used up this way, and plenty of air moves! Mine is shown attached to the underside of the RV's entertainment shelving with just a piece of two-sided tape!

Attachments

• P4190156.JPG
    P4190156.JPG
    945.7 KB · Views: 157
I'd be interested in hearing reports on how the "updated" version with the HDMI and component do with software as well! We've established as a group that "not all openbox firmware acts the same on all boxes!" If, in general, users of the newer version don't get lockups on SD ION channels and others noted in previous threads, I'd look at it...and retire my current one to audio-only or an FTA person who only wants certain things!

But, when "component' was brought up, did they also keep the "composite" or did that get dumped? I use the composite for SD delivery to other locations.

I just got this model, and like you stated it works very well with hdmi and component and composite.

I have the S10 with hdmi and component and composite.
Works very well.
No motor problems. No heat problems, it gets only a little warmer than hand temperature without a cooling fan.
No lock-up on ion sd.
I did not have any look-ups whatsoever.

I use it with a V-box 7 .
7 1/2 foot mesh dish
BSC 621-2D LNBF

I read a comment on Amazon a fella left.
He bought a S10 at Amazon and he had all kinds of problem. Overheat, unit cutting of, freezes etc.
It turned out that the S10 he bought was a european model and required 220 volts. After using 220 volts as supply voltage all those problems disappeared.
But what was so ironic is, that the unit came with a US plug.
So you folks may have to check the voltage requirement on the back of the unit to make sure that it is not a european model unless someone here knows the serial # that will identify european models.

On my S10 it says on the back. 100V-200V

Johann what version of firmware did it come with?

Do you happen to know where I might download this version at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts