C band LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n8mycbob

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Columbus, Ohio (Valleyview)
Can anyone tell me if this is just for C band? And, what is the little blue box with the 3 wires for? Just picked this up today and know nothing about it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• unit1-A.jpg
    unit1-A.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 170
Yes, it's just for C-Band.
The blue box is the servo motor that rotates the probe
to switch between horizontal and vertical polarities.

The older LNB's only had one probe for polarity so you hooked the three wires up to the analog box and when you switch between V & H polarity, it sends a signal to the blue box to turn that notch for the opposite polarity.

It is for C-band only and the blue box is the servo motor, it rotates the probe in your feedhorn when you go from horizontal to vertically polarized channels.

So, in your collective expert opinions since I have a modern receiver, I should probably replace it with something like the BSC621 I was just looking at on Sadouns site since it will only be on one sat? I assume that something like the BSC621 will do both H and V without running extra cables, just one coax? Right? Sorry, I'm just a little excited here with all this.
Thanks, Bob

So, in your collective expert opinions since I have a modern receiver, I should probably replace it with something like the BSC621 I was just looking at on Sadouns site since it will only be on one sat? I assume that something like the BSC621 will do both H and V without running extra cables, just one coax? Right? Sorry, I'm just a little excited here with all this.
Thanks, Bob

Bob, I'll let the real experts chime in on what you might want to use for your LNB but I can certainly relate to the being excited part.......this is a great hobby and this forum is incredible with all the knowledgeable people that hang out here. :cool: FYI, here is a pic of a feedhorn that has both C and Ku band LNBs, I picked it up in a recent dish hunting expedition.

Attachments

• Sat Feedhorn nixa.jpg
    Sat Feedhorn nixa.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 163
Do what I did. Get a dual C-band voltage controlled LNB from one of our gold sponsors, SatelliteAv. :)

DUAL C-BAND SATELLITE LNBF - SatelliteAV, LLC.

I have one on a Perfect 10 7 1/2 foot dish and I am VERY pleased with it. :up

Here's my install:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1042176-post1.html

That sure does say it all. I appreciate your input. From looking at the original Lnb and seeing what you did lays it all out for me. I will be ordering that one soon. Thanks!

Bob, I'll let the real experts chime in on what you might want to use for your LNB but I can certainly relate to the being excited part.......this is a great hobby and this forum is incredible with all the knowledgeable people that hang out here. :cool: FYI, here is a pic of a feedhorn that has both C and Ku band LNBs, I picked it up in a recent dish hunting expedition.

I'm getting quite an education here today. I see the difference now. The large white section is for C and the smaller one is KU. Thanks for the photo!
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)