C band loss of signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Last friday my C band 8.5 mesh dish suddenly stopped receiving a signal. No signal at all. I tested cable from dish to receiver it works fine. Ordered new Feedhorn installed still the same. Placed order for new LNB hoping that will solve problem. Any other clues of where my signal disappeared to? Also used a different receiver and no signal. :confused:

dfergie said:
If your dish did not move in any way... Lnb would be next suspect...

Ok thanks. That was what I was hoping. :) I looked at all the settting and adjustments on dish thinking some kids came along and played with the bolts and screws lol but the rust is still in the same place. :D

dfergie said:
If the lnb does not work, try another cable anyway... (not sure how you tested cable)... :)

I hooked it up to my dishnetwork dish. Plus I have 2 cables one for the KU lnb and they both have no signal. :( (the KU band. I could never get to work so I can't use it to test if it gets a signal :( )

dfergie said:
no signal on both?

well on the KU i've never received a signal on it ever so that is normal. lol. C band Always got a signal. (I used the KU cable on the C LNB to see if it was my C band cable)

dfergie said:
no signal on both? What receiver are you using? Ku is harder to find... did you buy this sys new? or used...

I installed the satellite dish myself a few years ago. The receiver is a used one but I have 2 of them and they both have zero signal. I hired a "professional installer" to check my settings because I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the KU channels but he was of no use he stayed in the house for 8 hours reprogramming my satellite to the names he wanted to name them and complained about the brand of TV I owned. lol. So I just gave up on trying to get the KU channels. lol the KU lnb maybe bad. The new feedhorn has no KU Lnb on it. lol

dfergie said:
Ok..too bad there is alot of stuff on Ku...

I know but I don't know where I can find a reliable person that can allign my dish so I can receive Ku signal. I'll just be happy when my C band returns lol :)

What I did when I went Ku was... I marked everything I could mark the pole, the mount the turnbuckle that adjusts the azimuth... then started moving first the azimuth one way going across the arc then the other way ...I was getting all sats from east to west... finally found ku signals and adjusted till I was happy(making sure I did not lose C-band)

dfergie said:
What I did when I went Ku was... I marked everything I could mark the pole, the mount the turnbuckle that adjusts the azimuth... then started moving first the azimuth one way going across the arc then the other way ...I was getting all sats from east to west... finally found ku signals and adjusted till I was happy(making sure I did not lose C-band)

I did see KU one time that was when I was trying to allign the C band. lol. It was only for a few minutes then they were lost. After I found it I forgot about the KU because at the time there wasn't a lot on KU that I knew of. I installed it running in and out of the house trying to find a signal. I had no portable signal meter lol I just haven't tried to get KU back since. I might get brave and try again one day. lol

tdti1 said:
Maybe someone here can get your Ku-band:
http://onsat.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=2ade59527cd26f5d843b6d63284d6fef

If the dish is warped it will not work on Ku-band, can a pencil pass through your mesh holes? is there any damage to the dish?

no the holes are very small. it was made for both C and Ku signals. its never received a ku signal after i set it for the C band. The C band is gone at the moment after that is back then I can try getting the Ku again if I determine what is the problem. I hope its the C LNB.

New LNB fixed problem. well I replaced feedhorn too so lol all new is good. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)