Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
hello,

im new to this site, so a little intro on myself.....i am very experienced when it comes to the KU side of things.....

i have setup and aimed hundreds of dishes and also about 10-15 diseqc HH motors with 36-48 inch dishes on them......

this stuff is basically childs play to me now i have an excellent understanding of "the arc" and how to dial in and aim a motor perfectly using USALS.....

so enough about me.....lol.....

im looking to venture into the c-band side of the game, ive been doing alot of reading but still cant find alot of info on c-band motorized dishes.....do they still make c-band motors??

im thinking of purchasing a 6-8 foot solid fortec star dish.....would this be a good start? and can a motor be used on this dish? this dish is solid and i see alot of mesh c-band dishes so does that matter?

is setting up a c-band motor similar to a diesqc motor? i mean in the way it follows "the arc"?

any info or links are much appreciated, this is an awesome site.....

i was thinking of experimenting with c-band on my 1.2M motorized dish but from what i have been reading this is far too small.....

also is there alot of FTA c-band programming left out there? or is most of it encrypted now??

hello,

im new to this site, so a little intro on myself......
Hi Mikey, welcome. :)

im looking to venture into the c-band side of the game, ive been doing alot of reading but still cant find alot of info on c-band motorized dishes.....do they still make c-band motors??
Yes.

im thinking of purchasing a 6-8 foot solid fortec star dish.....would this be a good start? and can a motor be used on this dish? this dish is solid and i see alot of mesh c-band dishes so does that matter?
Eihter would be a good start, I would go for the biggest dish you can get away with (allowable space, HOA restrictions, wife.... ;) ).

Lots of us have gotten unused dishes locally for little or nothing to start with.

For C-band, solid or mesh really doesn't make much difference, a good parabolic shape and proper aiming is much more important.

is setting up a c-band motor similar to a diesqc motor? i mean in the way it follows "the arc"?
Yes.

any info or links are much appreciated, this is an awesome site.....
Check out the FAQs and stickies at the top of the page. And you can search for specific terms, the amount of info here is incredible.

i was thinking of experimenting with c-band on my 1.2M motorized dish but from what i have been reading this is far too small.....
There are a lot of people here that have had some success with the smaller offset dishes, but if you can go with a BUD, do it.

also is there alot of FTA c-band programming left out there? or is most of it encrypted now??
Lots of FTA C-band left, well worth the effort IMO.

Understanding where the Clarke Arc is will definitely help you to visualize things. Determining the best location for your big dish is precisely the same as for a Ku dish.

You start with what type of mount there is on whatever dish you end up with,

You use the latitude/declination charts to determine how much your dish will have to tip up, It is usually around 5 degrees or so.

Finding the highest due south position can sometimes be an issue, depending on the dish. I use a big framing square on my Birdview

I like wireless headphones and "beep on scan" receivers to aim my dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G3 help

Hooking a FTA Reciver to the Big Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)