Status
Please reply by conversation.

leifkenn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Colorado
Hello,
I am thinking about getting the W5 package from Skyvision and get the dsr-410 receiver.
I was curious what is needed to be able to watch programming on like 2-3 sets and watch different programing.

I know in a normal cable company they have channel combiners.

Would I have to buy multiple receivers and If I did this would I have to pay for programming on all receivers separately?

Thank you

Would I have to buy multiple receivers and If I did this would I have to pay for programming on all receivers separately?
To watch more than 1 TV with different Channels, you need 2 receivers and 2 Full Subs.

To watch only 1 TV at a time, you could split the signal coming out of the 4DTV receiver to the TVs.

You will also need a dual C-band lnb for two outputs or a band stacked lnb for more than two outputs. Not to mention additional wiring from the dish to the receivers.

i wish they would mirror the subscription and give you the second and third receivers at a discounted subscription rate. It would make me go with the dsr 410 in a heartbeat if i could do two receivers in the house for 5.00 or 10.00 more per month.

I would just dedicated my 6' prodelin to w5 with a dual out lnbf. My 10' would be for fta only and i would just connect it straight to my pansat 9200 HD.

i wish they would mirror the subscription and give you the second and third receivers at a discounted subscription rate. It would make me go with the dsr 410 in a heartbeat if i could do two receivers in the house for 5.00 or 10.00 more per month.

I would just dedicated my 6' prodelin to w5 with a dual out lnbf. My 10' would be for fta only and i would just connect it straight to my pansat 9200 HD.
Yes that would be great if they could do that.
And it might give the Dish and Direct some competition.

missed opportunity:

Full price per receiver is just one of the reasons I'm not interested.

I know they probably think account-splitting would be a problem.
But, with the relatively large dish required, it would sure be a lot less than on DN or DTV.
Plus, which is better to them: two receivers on discount ... or no receivers and no account?

bandstacked LNB wont work as the 410 cannot support it

dual LNB is the only way
Technically, the receiver can work with band stacked (being it uses the same technology as a Starchoice receiver, which does that well). It is just it is likely the programmer hasn't the option to change that, or the training/authorization to.

if only:

Sure, technically, all our receivers could support bandstacking...
But I only know of one bandstacked C-band LNBF in North America.
(I'll bet StarChoice never heard of it) - :rolleyes:
And of the two bandstacked LNBFs that do Ku, they operate with different frequencies, so are not interchangeable without reprogramming.

So, I'd have to agree with Iceberg:
bandstacked LNB wont work as the 410 cannot support it
dual LNB is the only way

C band in multiple rooms is called cable tv service. :) Instead of bothering with a bandstacked LNBF, get a dual output Chaparral feedhorn and two LNBs, and use splitters and run two lines in every room. You'll need satellite splitters which has one port pass power, and use one DSR-410 to power it. One line will be for horizontal, one line for vertical. It's how a lot of cable companies do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts