Attachments

• IMG_20150520_070436242.jpg
    IMG_20150520_070436242.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20150520_070443753.jpg
    IMG_20150520_070443753.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: spongella
Nice close-up pics, thanks. Will study them.

Interesting that very few factory made C band LNB holders are for sale out there. Not the case with Ku.

Nice close-up pics, thanks. Will study them.

Interesting that very few factory made C band LNB holders are for sale out there. Not the case with Ku.
FTA hobbyists is a very niche area. C-Band on a Small dish is extremely niche. :)

Dish is all rehabbed, painted, replaced the elevation adjustment gizmo to the best of my judgement and cleaned up all existing hardware. Of course I preserved the logo, like the looks of it. Not sure what company DTN was. What a pleasure to work on a quality American product. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Right now pointed at Eutelsat 113W, get about 5 stations so far.

Attachments

• 100_4629.JPG
    100_4629.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 100_4632.JPG
    100_4632.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 308
Seems that our dishes had different molds. Can you look at the back of your dish for stamp like this? IMG_20150203_233655 (Large).jpg
If molds are different than dimensions can also be slightly different. Would be interesting to compare main dimensions of them.
ScreenHunter_322 May. 24 20.36.jpg

Nice setup, Spongellla.

There are quite a few DTN dishes that still reside around where I am; there is still one is located on the COOP here in town. DTN provided all sorts of farm market news - prices, markets, etc. They seem to have merged with the 'Progressive Farmer' magazine folk.

Off topic: Just out of curiosity, I may have to inquire to the COOP to see if they're still using their DTN dish...

Of interest, RimaNTSS has some curious dissimilarities between the photos.

Mine is the 1.0m model.

So, there are larger models out there, thanks for the info, have to start hunting for the 1.2m. Seen one defunct one at a local Exon gas station, made them an offer but no word from them after a month.

Thank you all for the info on DTN too. This is a great forum with great folks.

Seems that our dishes had different molds. Can you look at the back of your dish for stamp like this? View attachment 107046
If molds are different than dimensions can also be slightly different. Would be interesting to compare main dimensions of them.
View attachment 107045
Could you please take some close up pictures of the dish that has that polar type mount,never have seen that type of mount before.I have 4,1.2 meter dishes in service that are fixed.Thanks alot

Mine is the 1.0m model.
Yes, I see, my mistake. Somhow I did think yours is 1,2m. Than difference in molds normal.

Could you please take some close up pictures of the dish that has that polar type mount
This is original Channel Master polar-mount. I think it is still possible to source one. Out of my 4 CM dishes, 3 have such a polar-mount :) and dish #4 has nothing, it came even without feedarms :coco
IMG_20150129_203038 (Large).jpg IMG_20150301_145919 (Large).jpg IMG_20150306_153735 (Large).jpg IMG_20150306_170235 (Large).jpg

Nice pics. Have got to find one of those mounts. There is a place in the UK that sells polar mounts, place is the satellitesuperstore.com, and they have pics of these type of dishes, with different mounts. Someone in the US must import these types of mounts, maybe an antenna store that carries Channel Master products. Nice setup on a balcony rimaNTSS. Just goes to show that you can enjoy FTA from many different locations.

Lots of folks on this forum with extensive experience in the field, anyone know where to find these polar mounts? Thanks!

Reactions: RimaNTSS
I have seen the 1.2m polar mounts on the CM/Andrews/Raven websites, but never have seen one "in the wild" here in North America. These dishes have been exclusively installed for commercial fixed satellite services. Didn't even know that polar mounts existed until I saw one in a European forum post 7 or 8 years ago.

The 1.8M CM/Andrews/Raven polar mounts carried at SatelliteSuperStore are quite nice and well crafted! Checked with the manufacturer a few years back and they are far too expensive to import into North America.

I would not say it is very easy, but still possible to make polar-mount DIY. First ten will probably come not perfect but, after getting more experience they will not be worse than original ones :shh

I have seen the 1.2m polar mounts on the CM/Andrews/Raven websites, but never have seen one "in the wild" here in North America.

I've had one on my 1.2m Channel Master for a few years now. A paging co. used them on towers all over Michigan to remotely pan the dish to alternate positions. As paging has become mostly obsolete the were dismantling the network and the tech gave me a couple for free. I don't know where they got them from, probably bought in quanity though. I couldn't find any info on setting it up till I found a FTA site in England that has the manual on file. They work very well.

121226_0001.jpg

Yes, I see, my mistake. Somhow I did think yours is 1,2m. Than difference in molds normal.

This is original Channel Master polar-mount. I think it is still possible to source one. Out of my 4 CM dishes, 3 have such a polar-mount :) and dish #4 has nothing, it came even without feedarms :coco
View attachment 107095 View attachment 107096 View attachment 107097 View attachment 107098
Thank you for the very nice pictures,I had never seen one like this before,I did see the super satellite store has a different type of polar mount,I like yours.

Reactions: RimaNTSS
Thank you for the very nice pictures
What would you say than if I show you picture of same polar-mount but in slightly "better" condition? I used a lot of angle-grinding to remove old nuts&bolts. Going to refurbish this one some day. IMG_20150411_164904 (Large).jpg IMG_20150411_170952 (Large).jpg

Reactions: pdiddy
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts