C-Band Orthomode setup, seperate KU dish and DisEqc motor and the microHD receiver.

Well, I'm going to first try just using a standard heavy duty Chieta 4x1 WSD-2041 DisEqC switch (because I have one now). Like this:

microHD receiver >> V-Box X >> SG9120b motor IN >>SG9120b lnb in >> receiver port on 4x1 switch >> LNB1 port on 4x1 switch to >> receiver port 4x8 WNC switch >> 0 khz OFF to both Norsat C-band lnb's.

Then, >>> LNB2 port on 4x1 switch to >>> SL1PLL single KU lnb

I don't see why that wouldn't work since the 4x8 switch is basically just a 22khz tone on/off switch, it seems it should be ok.

This should work, in fact should work without modifying the WNC switch, You can try that later. I have a extra dual port Geo Sat Pro SL2 that you can have for free, just pay ship. PM me if interested.

I've got the Norsat 8115 lnb's, they came QUICK. I'm still waiting on the switch, and feed to arrive, but was notified yesterday that they were shipped out.

This should work, in fact should work without modifying the WNC switch, You can try that later. I have a extra dual port Geo Sat Pro SL2 that you can have for free, just pay ship. PM me if interested.

The specs that I see on the 8115 show voltage range of 15-24 VDC , and it's not clear to me that without the 18vDC mod, the WNC switch will deliver appropriately. It might, but I'd do the mod and remove any doubts. :)

I'll be doing the full resistor mod. I finally got the last piece on Monday, which is the feedhorn. I've been working 12 hour days since, so won't be able to install before maybe Thursday. It will get done eventually, no matter what, I'm in no major hurry.

I'm going to keep the motor controls separated for now, until I get the c-band dish completely tweaked. Then I'm putting the V-box X in-line with the microHD, and use DisEqc commands for the 6' dish, and USALS for the KU dish.

I'm dealing with a 6' dish, and MANY 85+ foot trees that are close to my sat horizons arc both East and West, so that makes things even more interesting...

I have exactly ONE small area spot (about 12~ feet around) in the whole yard where I can just clear the tree line to get nearly every sat from 61w to 121w. Even if some of them are "wavy" signals... The ku dish is in one (right) corner of that spot (it can only get to 119w), and the C-band dish is more towards the left, so can get up to 121w) is in the other corner of that spot. Wasn't easy to site them just right, so they don't shadow each other, but I did it.

Last edited:
"12 hours a day ". :( It pains me to think about it. Good luck ..

36 hours from Monday through today, and then 24 more for Saturday and Sunday! I also have to work Labor day this year.

Too bad Sling can't get through the company firewall... lol Hundreds of channels, and NO time to watch right now... Then install the orthomode, and probably even more channels...

Well, got all my cable wiring and switches stuffed in a large cable-style utility box, with new compression fittings on all the RG-6 quad shield, and new runs into the house. That's mounted on the side of the pole for the motorized ku dish (which is my wiring hub area, with 2 buried 50 foot black plastic wiring tubes running into my house crawlspace) There's a DPP44 for Dish, a Chieta 4x1 DisEqC switch, and a WNC 4x8 modded switch with 18v on the non-22k side all stuffed in there. Yes, the door closes! I also got the c-band only ortho feed installed and (I think) peaked (signal levels are good), but only got finished around 5pm and I was exhausted (and COOKED by the sun) by then, it was a HOT day. So, I took a shower and am just relaxing for now. I still have the motor controls separate, as the V-Box X is not yet run through the microHD.

I work 12 hours Saturday, and then 12 hours Sunday, so won't have time to check anything else until Monday. I have to properly wire-tie everything, and double-check if there's any peaking to be done before hooking the V-Box to the microHD, and seeing what happens when I run that via DisEqC, while my ku dish is USALS.