C-Band Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I got access to get a free 10' mesh C-Band dish, although it hasn't been used in a good 5 years. And the owner doesn't know the satellite she had it on before she stopped using it. How can I find out what satellite that the dish is currently aimed at so I can set it up easier and how can I tell if the acuator still works? If I hook the actuator up to the receiver and it has went bad how will I know? Should I lubricate any of the pieces? And is it that hard to take the dish off of her pole and put it on my own pole? Thanks!

I also have a Ku FTA setup, would the dish be aimed in the same to similar direction as the true south was on that setup?

If the previous owner still has her old receiver, cut it on and see where it's at. It should be on the display of the receiver or on screen of tv/monitor. If it's no longer hooked up, hook it up and see what you get. You can also use it to move the dish/actuator. You will be able to look at the dish and see if it moved, if it doesn't move, that doesn't mean the actuator is bad, could be wiring.
If the old receiver is no longer available, you really need to find you one. They are the best tools for moving a BUD with. You can test the actuator with a car battery or even a battery charger. Most actuator's use 36 volts (some had 24 volts), but 12 volts will move it.
You can also use your FTA/DVB receiver and do a blind scan where its at and see what/if you get anything. Your ku set-up would not look the same, as it is offset and would appear to point lower in the sky.
Those dishes are very heavy and you will do yourself a favor to get some help. Otherwise, you will probably have to take it down piece by piece and put it back up the same way and you may still need help then. And, yes, by all means, lubricate it at least once a year.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts