C-Band questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yay!
My new LNBF arrived today...MUCH MUCH smaller than the LNBA :)

Maybe I'll work on it this week :)

now here is a dumb question....How does the polarity change with a LNBF on the analog?
I know the older ones had wires that did it...does this automatically change it?

Iceberg said:
How does the polarity change with a LNBF on the analog?
I know the older ones had wires that did it...does this automatically change it?

There should be a setting in your receiver to tell it that you have an lnbf. The receiver should take care of the switching.

MrMylesG said:
However, I checked a RTN listing and it says two Russian channels are on Galaxy 11, BUT are on C-band.
MrM

It's encrypted and unsubscribable.

The last one I bought on E-bay. A 20K unit has two hooks in it so I think it just uses voltage to change polarity. The other one I have has a survo(?) in it that does the switching.

Ken

Iceberg said:
yay!
My new LNBF arrived today...MUCH MUCH smaller than the LNBA :)

Maybe I'll work on it this week :)

now here is a dumb question....How does the polarity change with a LNBF on the analog?

ken
this one is a 13K and has the 2 hooks in it

I did build it (2 pieces) so as soon as I can build this big dish, I should be set :)

Take a picture when you are done so we can have a look.

Thanks
Ken

Iceberg said:
ken
this one is a 13K and has the 2 hooks in it

I did build it (2 pieces) so as soon as I can build this big dish, I should be set :)

Will do!

Its been so damn cold in Minneapolis so I havent had the time to spend outside building this...maybe this week I'll work on it :)

I have the room on the deck (if I remove the tripod with the TV antenna) to build it...might start that tomorrow

Well, I got the gumption (and lack of brain cells) to build the dish last night.

Took down my TV antenna and tripod, which is mounted ot the deck (which would give me room).

Started building it...got all 4 pieces together (looks like the roof of the Seattle Kingdome when laid down) but one piece is real bad, and the one bar (to hold the pieces together) popped off the piece. So I decided to try with 3 pieces. Built that and put the 2 metal pieces in the middle to cover the circle where the 4 (or 3) pieces meet. Was able to flip it over to put the 3 LNB arms on. Put the LNBF on and leaned it against the deck.

Got the analog set up on IA6 (which is my true south satellite) and figured I can get something on 3,8, or 12 (which are the 3 analog stations there). I did have a real faint ficture on 16 and 22...so I was probably on IA5. But, there came a problem. Not a decent LOS. The LNB is below the roof line and no matter how we tried to move the dish, the best we could get was that faint picture. So down it came :(

I'm going to try the garage theory another time (lean iot against the garage which is on the other side of the deck)

So it might work...but not where I want it

Have you tried pointing it at any other Sat?

Iceberg said:
Well, I got the gumption (and lack of brain cells) to build the dish last night.

Took down my TV antenna and tripod, which is mounted ot the deck (which would give me room).

Started building it...got all 4 pieces together (looks like the roof of the Seattle Kingdome when laid down) but one piece is real bad, and the one bar (to hold the pieces together) popped off the piece. So I decided to try with 3 pieces. Built that and put the 2 metal pieces in the middle to cover the circle where the 4 (or 3) pieces meet. Was able to flip it over to put the 3 LNB arms on. Put the LNBF on and leaned it against the deck.

Got the analog set up on IA6 (which is my true south satellite) and figured I can get something on 3,8, or 12 (which are the 3 analog stations there). I did have a real faint ficture on 16 and 22...so I was probably on IA5. But, there came a problem. Not a decent LOS. The LNB is below the roof line and no matter how we tried to move the dish, the best we could get was that faint picture. So down it came :(

I'm going to try the garage theory another time (lean iot against the garage which is on the other side of the deck)

So it might work...but not where I want it

yes Ken I have
G11, T6, G3 and T5 are all at the same elevation and I moved it and nothing

I think part of it is the LNB and more than 1/2 the dish is below the roof so not a good LOS

I'm going to try leaning it against the garage (which is one the other side of the house and should have a decent view) and see what happens

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)