C-band with Coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I got a DSR922 that moves my 7 1/2 foot dish. I want to hook up this Coolsat 5000. I have seen some diagrams on DMSI site. They split the signal with a 2.3 ghz splitter. The diagrams show a C and a KU coax. I dont have a Ku coax. Could I just split the C-band cable to the Coolsat and receive
C-band only?

Thanks

I suppose the power pass would go from the DSR922 to the BUD? Sadoun used to have this on their website, but I can't find it now.

Thanks

I have a similar setup using a Perfect Vision splitter and checked for signal attenuation issues, but didnt find any. I have another I intend to split again to my Zeinith 2500 for analog stuff since it is actually better that my 922 for that, but it hasnt made it to the 1st page of the 'want to do' list. I dont know how far a signal can be split this way before attenuation becomes an issue, but I will report my findings when I get around to digging into the entertainment center again.
..............that is if I dont get strangled or tangled and starve to death.....lol

I'm sorry. I'm still a little confused. I have the coax with the splitter hooked up. Now how do I come off the Coolsat back to the TV? I have a OTA antenna hooked up and the 922 is connected using RCA jacks.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts