C.C. Sabathia: Traded to Brewers?

Because an injury prone Sheets will come at a lower price. We could also argue whether he is really injury prone or just some bad luck with things... like an inner ear infection that throws off balance. Sheets will probably garner about 15 mil a year where Sabathia is probably going to want at least 20 mil a year. Rosenthal wrote an article about how the Brewers may send Hardy and prospect to the Giants for Matt Cain over the winter. There have also been rumors about a Fielder for Grienke and Gordon trade.

As far as bullpen help, there isn't a whole lot out there for the Brewers to go after over the deadline. Maybe Fuentes? Kind of makes you wish the rumored Nathan for Weeks trade over the spring would have happened.

Just my opinion, but I would NOT trade Fielder for Grenke and Gordon ... the KC players have not done much to impress me in thier careers yet.
As for Nathan, if you can get him, I'd do it.
It would also help us in the AL Central.!
Better yet, let's have the Tigers trade for Nathan :up

Jimbo

The Brewers will have a hard time holding onto the young talent they have now when they are eligible for free agency or even arbitration. So I agree with whoever said it's a good move to go for it now. It's a lot to give up for Sabathia but they have to take a shot at it now while there's chance. Jimbo, I don't know if they'll be able to keep Fielder. He was a little unhappy at the start of the season that the Brewers weren't paying more this year. I think they should make the big guy happy.

As a Brewer fan I would be happy with moving Fielder. Personally, I can't stand him botch another routine play at first base. He also sure doesn't help the infielders at all on a throw in the dirt because his scooping ability is atrocious. Add all this to the ballooning weight and tendency to lose his voice in the clubhouse when he is slumping even though he is a supposed "leader" and I would be fine with him being shipped out for some young MLB ready talent at a cheaper price. Fielder is arbitration eligible after this year.

The Brewers will have a hard time holding onto the young talent they have now when they are eligible for free agency or even arbitration. So I agree with whoever said it's a good move to go for it now. It's a lot to give up for Sabathia but they have to take a shot at it now while there's chance. Jimbo, I don't know if they'll be able to keep Fielder. He was a little unhappy at the start of the season that the Brewers weren't paying more this year. I think they should make the big guy happy.

I have watched the Brewers since I was a kid not eve attempt to keep the talent that they had. When they were under the Selig regime, I can't count on my fingers or toes the amount of prospects that have made it big around MLB.

So to see them at least try to be proactive and not afraid to spend a little money is great to see. Sure, they will not be able to keep all the talen, but like another post said, there have the best farm league around.

Go Crew.

Sabathia's first start as a Brewer is in the books:

6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 5 K and a Win. Not bad considering everything that has gone on for him in the last few days.

Albert Belle doesn't like Sabathia trade!

Albert Belle doesn't like Sabathia trade! :eek:

What a blast from the past! Funny stuff.......

Hot-tempered Albert Belle, the former Tribe slugger, called to voice his displeasure with the CC Sabathia trade to Milwaukee.

"Imagine that, the Cleveland Indians trade away another great player because they didn't want to pay him," said Belle from his home in Arizona. "The saga continues."

Belle left the Indians after the 1996 season and signed a five-year, $55 million contract with the White Sox. At the time it was the biggest deal in baseball.

"When is Larry Dolan going to sell the club?" said Belle. "I could buy a piece of it. There are a lot of people on teams making a lot of bad decisions. You don't always have to spend a lot of money. Look at what Billy Beane does in Oakland."

Asked if he wanted to get back into the game, Belle said, "I want to be an owner. The Mariners called me and wanted me to come to spring training as a roving hitting coach. But they were going to pay me peanuts."

Belle, married with three daughters, spends most of his time golfing.

"I'm a golf pro," said Belle, with a laugh. "At least in my mind I am."

Belle said he tried to buy pieces of the Cavs and Dodgers without success.

Told the Indians have no power with the exception of Grady Sizemore, Belle said, "They got rid of three of us, Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez and me."

"I'm a golf pro," said Belle, with a laugh. "At least in my mind I am."

Joey has a sense of humor? Who knew?

"Imagine that, the Cleveland Indians trade away another great player because they didn't want to pay him," said Belle from his home in Arizona. "The saga continues."

Belle left the Indians after the 1996 season and signed a five-year, $55 million contract with the White Sox. At the time it was the biggest deal in baseball.

"When is Larry Dolan going to sell the club?" said Belle. "I could buy a piece of it. There are a lot of people on teams making a lot of bad decisions. You don't always have to spend a lot of money. Look at what Billy Beane does in Oakland."

Okay, what has he done Joey?

Have the A's come within one game of the World Series lately?

What does Albert Belle know about winning anyway?
The closest the Tribe ever came to winning the World Series with those great teams in the 90's was 1997 - the first year WITHOUT Belle.

As a Brewer fan I would be happy with moving Fielder. Personally, I can't stand him botch another routine play at first base. He also sure doesn't help the infielders at all on a throw in the dirt because his scooping ability is atrocious. Add all this to the ballooning weight and tendency to lose his voice in the clubhouse when he is slumping even though he is a supposed "leader" and I would be fine with him being shipped out for some young MLB ready talent at a cheaper price. Fielder is arbitration eligible after this year.

trade his butt now. he will never be worth more. He is to fat.

For those who haven't seen, Sabathia hit his 2nd home-run of the season and first as a Brewer over the weekend. He also improved to 2-0 with the Brewers by pitching a complete game victory with 9 strikeouts. He's lowered his ERA to 2.40 with Milwaukee. Glad to see the big-fella having success in the NL.....

I see Cliff Lee is starting the All Star game, good for him

He's obviously the best pitcher in the A.L.

Thank goodness those silly rumors about Rivera being a starter were only rumors and nothing else.

IMO, the Indians sub-par record will NOT derail his Cy Young chances- even though they aren't playing well and causing HD MM a lot of stress and frustration, he'll still have a reason to hold his head up high.

IMO, bad on-field records sonetimes don't impact league awards.

After all, Andre Dawson, Steve Carlton won major awards on bad teams (1987 MVP and '72 Cy Young, respectively).

In 2003, A-Rod played for a Rangers team that pitched worse than my high-school team, yet still won AL MVP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)