C.C. Sabathia: Traded to Brewers?

Sabathia Update: 3rd Start as Brewer

C.C. Sabathia made his 3rd start as a Brewer last night.

He threw his 2nd consecutive complete game. Sabathia gave up only 4 hits and 1 ER in the 9 innings. He also had 10 strikeouts while lowering his ERA with the Brewers to 1.88! Sabathia is now 3-0 as a Brewer.

C.C. Sabathia made his 3rd start as a Brewer last night.

He threw his 2nd consecutive complete game. Sabathia gave up only 4 hits and 1 ER in the 9 innings. He also had 10 strikeouts while lowering his ERA with the Brewers to 1.88! Sabathia is now 3-0 as a Brewer.

Makes me wonder just how bad the NL is ....
Nothing against Sabathia at all, that said, he pretty much got his act toether just before getting traded this year.

It makes me wonder how badly Santana is hurt this year.
I expected both Santana and Sabathia to be very , very good over there, if not dominating.
Sabathia is very close to dominating so far, in my opinion.

Keep in mind, the NL has not seeing Sabathia live yet, so well wait till his second time around tyo use the Dominating word :)

Jimbo

And Sabathia with another complete game, a 3 hit shutout. As a Brewer fan I would just like to thank the Indians. Actually the Tribe is my favorite AL team, but anyhow thanks.

I wonder if it is possible to win the Cy Young with a half season? :)

And Sabathia with another complete game, a 3 hit shutout. As a Brewer fan I would just like to thank the Indians. Actually the Tribe is my favorite AL team, but anyhow thanks.

Sabathia has been unreal. This is starting to remind me of Doyle Alexander in 1987. Alexander was traded from the Braves to the Tigers in the middle of '87 and went something like 11-1 helping Detroit win the AL East. On the bright side for the Indians, maybe Matt LaPorta will turn into a HOF player like the guy Doyle Alexander was traded for.......John Smoltz.

EDIT: Alexander went 9-0 for the Tigers after being acquired in August 1987.

I turned on ESPN's Baseball Tonight at 10pm last night. They led off with Sabathia's pitching performance, which at the time, was currently ongoing. They mentioned that he was in the 6th inning with 2 outs and was in the middle of a no hitter. Not two seconds later, did they say: "woops, looks like Sabathia gave up his first hit"! Way to go ESPN! Apparently they don't know about the unwritten rule! ;)

Anyways, I'm happy Sabathia's pitching for a purpose this year. He's really been stellar ever since the first 4 starts of the season. (Those first 4 starts inflated his ERA with the Indians.) Since the 5th outing of the season though, he's been pitching Cy Young caliber baseball. The trend apparently is continuing in the NL.

This 3rd straight complete game now ties the NL leader and fellow teammate Ben Sheets for most complete games! How long's the guy been in the NL now? Oh yeah, he also leads the entire MLB in strike-outs with 154! Move over Ben Sheets, there's a new ace in town!

Can you imagine the possibility of Cliff Lee winning the Cy Young in the AL and Sabathia winning it for the NL?! That would be awesome.

Cleveland loves you big fella! Go Sabathia and go Brew-Crew!

A few quotes from yesterday's Busch Stadium Beatdown.....

"He's filthy," Bredan Ryan mumbled simply. :D

"We had a plan, but when a guy makes pitches like that, I don't care what your plan is," manager Tony La Russa said. :D

"Nobody's pitched better against us this year than that," La Russa said. :eek:

I turned on ESPN's Baseball Tonight at 10pm last night. They led off with Sabathia's pitching performance, which at the time, was currently ongoing. They mentioned that he was in the 6th inning with 2 outs and was in the middle of a no hitter. Not two seconds later, did they say: "woops, looks like Sabathia gave up his first hit"! Way to go ESPN! Apparently they don't know about the unwritten rule! ;)

Anyways, I'm happy Sabathia's pitching for a purpose this year. He's really been stellar ever since the first 4 starts of the season. (Those first 4 starts inflated his ERA with the Indians.) Since the 5th outing of the season though, he's been pitching Cy Young caliber baseball. The trend apparently is continuing in the NL.

This 3rd straight complete game now ties the NL leader and fellow teammate Ben Sheets for most complete games! How long's the guy been in the NL now? Oh yeah, he also leads the entire MLB in strike-outs with 154! Move over Ben Sheets, there's a new ace in town!

Can you imagine the possibility of Cliff Lee winning the Cy Young in the AL and Sabathia winning it for the NL?! That would be awesome.

Cleveland loves you big fella! Go Sabathia and go Brew-Crew!

Do you honestly think that Sheets is worried about whether or not he's the #1 on the team or not ?

Tigers Armando Galarraga (remember him, I mentioned him a few weeks back.) took a no hitter into the 7th yesterday against the Royals.
I'm also thinking that Justin Verlander is pitching just about as well as Sabathia over the last 2.5 month

Jimbo

The battle for the NL Central

Tonight marks the first of a 4 game series pairing the two top teams in the NL Central: The Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers.

Currently the Cubs are in sole possession of first place by a single game. That could soon change after tonight.

The first game of the series at 8pm tonight will feature Ted Lilly vs. C.C. Sabathia. Will this be the 4th complete game in a row for Sabathia? Either way, should be a good one!

*Jimbo, is DirecTV still doing that free trial of MLB EI? I would love to see this game tonight. This would be a great game for ESPN to air, unfortunately though, they'll be carrying another Red Sox game instead! :(

Tonight marks the first of a 4 game series pairing the two top teams in the NL Central: The Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers.

Currently the Cubs are in sole possession of first place by a single game. That could soon change after tonight.

The first game of the series at 8pm tonight will feature Ted Lilly vs. C.C. Sabathia. Will this be the 4th complete game in a row for Sabathia? Either way, should be a good one!

*Jimbo, is DirecTV still doing that free trial of MLB EI? I would love to see this game tonight. This would be a great game for ESPN to air, unfortunately though, they'll be carrying another Red Sox game instead! :(

I wrote the same thing in the MLB Schedules thread last night. This is a battle for first place with the hottest pitcher in the game going for heavens sake. The Angels-Red Sox might be a good matchup, but a first place battle trumps that. I'm lucky that I have EI, and I think I'll actually watch more of this game than the Sox game.

I wrote the same thing in the MLB Schedules thread last night. This is a battle for first place with the hottest pitcher in the game going for heavens sake. The Angels-Red Sox might be a good matchup, but a first place battle trumps that. I'm lucky that I have EI, and I think I'll actually watch more of this game than the Sox game.

Well at least you can see this conundrum subjectively Bill. Kudos! Us Baseball fans outside of Boston and NY would like the opportunity to see other teams play on a national level than the same two. Tonight's game (Brewers vs. Cubs) is the perfect example.

Well at least you can see this conundrum subjectively Bill. Kudos! Us Baseball fans outside of Boston and NY would like the opportunity to see other teams play on a national level than the same two. Tonight's game (Brewers vs. Cubs) is the perfect example.

Angels fan that I am, I will be flipping channels between innings to watch the goings on in Beer Town.:cool:

Angels fan that I am, I will be flipping channels between innings to watch the goings on in Beer Town.:cool:

Must be nice to have MLB EI. ;)

On another note, I've decided to root for the Brewers to come out of the NL. They seemed like a long shot at the beginning of the year, haven't been to the playoffs in quite a while and are a middle class blue collar town like Cleveland. Plus they now have long time Indian ace, Sabathia pitching for them.

Milwaukee won my respect when they opened their ballpark to the Indians at the start of the '07 season. The first few weeks at home were snowed out in Cleveland and Milwaukee was the fist team to step up and offer their facilities for us to use. After canceling our first home series against the Mariners, the Indians moved the second series to Milwaukee. The Tribe played the Angles there.

Those "home" games played at Miller Park also drew a pretty decent crowd. The three-game series averaged a surprising 17,498 fans in attendance! So the locals even helped root for the "home" team Indians to win the 3 game series against the Angels: 2-1.

Those "home" games played at Miller Park also drew a pretty decent crowd. The three-game series averaged a surprising 17,498 fans in attendance! So the locals even helped root for the "home" team Indians to win the 3 game series against the Angels: 2-1.

Yes, the beginning of a magical year for the Tribe and an OK year for the Angels.

Yes, the beginning of a magical year for the Tribe and an OK year for the Angels.

Yeah, '07 was very weird, but a very fun ride all the way through. Ahhh. Those were the days....

C.C. Thanks Cleveland

In today's sports section of Cleveland newspaper, The Plain Dealer, Sabathia bought a $12,870 black-and-white ad to thank the fans and city for his 10-year career here in Cleveland.

The ad has pictures of Sabathia, his wife and kids. He thanks a number of organizations and charities he's worked for here in Cleveland as well.

Here's the brunt of the letter....

"Thank you for 10 great Years...

You've touched our lives with kindness, love and generosity. We are forever grateful!

It's been a privilege and an honor!"

-CC & Amber Sabathia & Family

In today's sports section of Cleveland newspaper, The Plain Dealer, Sabathia bought a $12,870 black-and-white ad to thank the fans and city for his 10-year career here in Cleveland.

The ad has pictures of Sabathia, his wife and kids. He thanks a number of organizations and charities he's worked for here in Cleveland as well.

Here's the brunt of the letter....

"Thank you for 10 great Years...

You've touched our lives with kindness, love and generosity. We are forever grateful!

It's been a privilege and an honor!"

-CC & Amber Sabathia & Family

I like to see this kind of stuff. :up :)

Here's the ad in it's entirety..........

cc_adsmall.jpg

$12,870?

...Pocket change for him now. I don't have that classy warm and fuzzy feeling for him anymore. If he cared so much for Cleveland and loved the fans so much, why did he turn down a very reasonable offer from Shapiro & Co.?

To me he is just another spoiled, high paid athlete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)