C-SPAN channel 210 locked, but available on channel 9404

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I have Dish America and C-Span is not part of my package, and so channel 210 is locked out as I would expect. However, I just discovered that channel 9404 is also C-Span and is unlocked for me. I don't get any of the other C-Span channels, just the main one.

Strange.

The 9400's are considered Public Interest channels and everyone can get them regardless of package.
Do you get the others in the 9400's?

There use to be a free PI pack that you could call in and request. Here is the list
EKB: Free Public Interest Programming Package

now you might have some of these already but that list was designed for folks who had like just locals only or maybe the Welcome pack

Yes, I do get all the 9400 channels. That list you posted must be a bit dated, for example it has the wrong channel for NASA, and shows 9404 (which is where I am able to get C-Span) as being University of Washington TV.

im getting both channels of c-span channle 210 and 9404 and channel 211 of c-span :)

Yes, I do get all the 9400 channels. That list you posted must be a bit dated, for example it has the wrong channel for NASA, and shows 9404 (which is where I am able to get C-Span) as being University of Washington TV.

I'm aware its a bit outdated but it has most of the PI channels :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)