C2W-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) Can I get both V and H at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
C2W-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) from Titanium Satellite with two outputs.
Can I get both V and H on C band at the same time and if so I can have power to both inputs?

I think I can BUT wanted to make sure.
Thanks

Can I get both V and H on C band at the same time and if so I can have power to both inputs?

Thanks
Yes you can have power to both inputs at the same time.
The only way to have both H & V @ the same time I think is to have two tuners. One set to H & one set to V.

Yes you can have power to both inputs at the same time.
The only way to have both H & V @ the same time I think is to have two tuners. One set to H & one set to V.

Nope, you just need each LNB output on a side of a 22k switch. Then in the receiver settings menu, you set the channels for one side to OFF and the other side to ON.

Nope, you just need each LNB output on a side of a 22k switch. Then in the receiver settings menu, you set the channels for one side to OFF and the other side to ON.

Each port's polarity must be selected by supplying the correct voltage. A multi-switch is capable of providing 13 or 18Vdc, but a 22KHz switch does not modify polarity voltage and would simply switch between ports applying the power provided by the connected STB.

Unsure why one would connect a single tuner to both ports via a 22KHz switch?

Just think of each port as being a separate LNB, each acting independently of each other. Each port can be horizontal or vertical independently of each other(i.e. 13V or 18V). You can have 2 receivers hooked up at the same time and each receiver can select horizontal or vertical without affecting the other receiver.
This is a Voltage switched LNB, there is no servo motor. The polarity is controlled by the voltage applied to the port not a servo motor.

Thanks
Yes. This is the nice thing about a dual output LNBF. You can get both H and V at the same time. So you can run two different receivers to two different rooms and one can be watching a channel on V Xponder and the other watching something on a H Xponder. :)

I use a powered multi-switch as Ti suggested above, that way you can have several receivers connected if you like, and each receiver can receive V or H at any time. The multi-switches I use are Zinwell SAM-4803. They have four (4) LNB ports to run two dual LNBFs if you like, wired up as follows:

-LNBF1 -13Vdc vertical
-18Vdc horizontal

-LNBF2 -22KHz on, 13Vdc vertical
-22KHz on, 18Vdc horizontal

These particular switches allow up to 8 receivers to be connected. (8 output ports). Each of the 8 receivers have access to each LNBF, vertical or horizontal, at any time. Advantage of this type of switch is that all the current to run the LNBFs are supplied by the switch and it's power supply, rather than loading the receiver(s). If you plan on having more than two receivers hooket up at any time, this is the easiest way to go IMHO.

Reactions: hank123
I use a powered multi-switch as Ti suggested above, that way you can have several receivers connected if you like, and each receiver can receive V or H at any time. The multi-switches I use are Zinwell SAM-4803. They have four (4) LNB ports to run two dual LNBFs if you like, wired up as follows:

-LNBF1 -13Vdc vertical
-18Vdc horizontal

These particular switches allow up to 8 receivers to be connected. (8 output ports). Each of the 8 receivers have access to each LNBF, vertical or horizontal, at any time. Advantage of this type of switch is that all the current to run the LNBFs are supplied by the switch and it's power supply, rather than loading the receiver(s). If you plan on having more than two receivers hooket up at any time, this is the easiest way to go IMHO.

This is what I was meaning with my post above. Guess I should have filled it out better. Thanks Cham!

-LNBF1 -13Vdc vertical
-18Vdc horizontal

Right this is the way to go. You can stack several switches with DiSEqC or find a larger switch. I run 4 TV's on 2 C2W-PLL , dumping into a zinwell 4x8 switch.
If you go with a single output LNBF and run it into a switch you can only do H or V not both. So you could set your primary dish with a C2W-PLL and have two other C1W-PLL dishes looking at V or H in different parts of the sky. Shoot you can even run KU on it. mix and match!

There is another cool feature of the C2WPLL: You only need to power one of the outputs!

This was very useful when I hooked up my SDR to the C2WPLL to monitor Inmarsat's AERO (airplane tracking over the oceans). If not for this ability, I would have had to come up with a way to deliver 14 or 18 volts from the SDR. All I had to do was turn on a DVB receiver connected to the other output.

Reactions: Cham and KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)