C61K goes black after starting self check

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnumis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Midwest
One of my C61K goes black after starting the self check. I have tried to reset it (red button), unplug it for a few minutes, tired resetting the main receiver HR54 and it did not work. I switched rooms with another C61K and the problem stays with the bad genie. It now doesn't work in a different room.

It looks like wiring is fine and the genie is bad. Any suggestions?

Directv chat said a service call is required and they will not just mail me a genie to switch. Do they always do this and require an appointment to fix any problem?

The appointment is going to cost me either $49 for a one time or I have to add $7.99 protection plan. Is this the only options? If I pay the $7.99 plan how long do I have to keep it before I can cancel?

Thanks

its a full year or they charge you $10 to cancel the protection plan. also, if you cancel the protection plan within 30 days, they charge you the $50 for the service call, but canceling the protection plan is free.

have you tried replacing the HDMI cable? or did you not move that when you tried it at the 2nd location?

its a full year or they charge you $10 to cancel the protection plan. also, if you cancel the protection plan within 30 days, they charge you the $50 for the service call, but canceling the protection plan is free.

have you tried replacing the HDMI cable? or did you not move that when you tried it at the 2nd location?

Thank you for the information. The genie is now in a different room using a different set of cables include the HDMI.

I wish DirecTv would ship me a replacement without the service call. Do they do anything without sending out a service person?

did you just call the once? usually if you call a 2nd or 3rd time you can get a different response (if they're all reading the same script, i have no idea how THAT happens :p). might be worth a shot to see if you can call in tomorrow and get a phone rep who will send out a replacement box.

What are the lights on the front of the mini doing? Power button blue and network light yellow/green? Are they flashing? These lights may be telling you the status of the receiver. Try holding the power button on the C61 for 30 seconds, I think. That should reset the receiver to defaults and may allow it to boot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)