C61K strange experiences

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott13

Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
Harrisburg, PA
I had 2 very strange experiences yesterday with my new C61K and not sure these are related, but here goes:

We were hosting a Super Bowl party yesterday so had 3 different TVs turned on to the local CBS channel (21 in Harrisburg, PA). The one TV was hooked up to an HR21, another to an HR54 and the third to a C61K. Although all 3 TVs were turned to the exact same channel, the TV hooked up to the C61K had a completely different pre-game program than the other 2 TVs. I verified they were all tuned to the same channel numerous times and verified they were all tuned to the HD signal from the same channel. This was also long before I had started drinking, so that was not the reason. Once it got closer to the actual game time, the programming on all three channels was identical. Does anybody have any explanation as to how or why this could occur?

About a half hour or hour later, I noticed the picture on the TV hooked up to the C61K froze and would not play. The signal on the other 2 TVs continued to play fine including the TV hooked up to the HR54 which was the server for the C61K. I rebooted the C61K and eventually got a message that it could not find a server (The TV hooked up to the HR54 was continuing to play fine). I then rebooted the HR54 and after it rebooted the C61K automatically found the server and worked fine the rest of the evening. The HR54 and C61K receivers were just installed a few weeks ago so I am fairly new to the Genie equipment. Any thoughts or suggestions on this issue would also be appreciated.

Scott

communication problem between the c61 and hr54.
one reason to never have a tunerless unit imho

Just curious here. Exactly what program was showing on the C61 while you were attempting to watch the "pregame?" Is it possible you were watching a recorded program from the local CBS channel so that when you brought up the INFO banner it showed the correct channel, but a different program? Did you try changing to a different channel to see if the correct program was playing there? And then inputtingthe correct local channel number instead of previous button which would take you back to the recording? Thanks.

I have been having trouble the past few days at well. I have a HR54 and a C61K, the dish has one of the new Reverse DBS LNB's on it.

It was working fine and then this weekend it started saying that its lost the satellite signal on Tuner 1.

If I go to the Hr54 all is working well and all satellites check out fine.

If I tune to the channel that showing on the HR54 on the C61K it comes in fine. If I try watching recorded shows from the Hr54 it works fine. Just when I try to watch a different channels I get the lost signal message.

The only thing I can think it is, is the splitter I am using at the dish, as the splitter I am using is only power passing on one side and the HR54 is hooked to that side.

Just curious here. Exactly what program was showing on the C61 while you were attempting to watch the "pregame?" Is it possible you were watching a recorded program from the local CBS channel so that when you brought up the INFO banner it showed the correct channel, but a different program? Did you try changing to a different channel to see if the correct program was playing there? And then inputtingthe correct local channel number instead of previous button which would take you back to the recording? Thanks.
It was a different pre-game feature regarding the SuperBowl. I did change to other channels which seemed to be playing the correct programming. I did probably use the previous channel button to go back but don't remember for sure. I know I had not recorded anything relating to football so I doubt seriously I was watching a recording. At around 5:00 pm or so, without changing the channels on any of the TVs, the programs became identical. It was really weird and probably something I will never figure out.

Thanks for your comments.

I have been having trouble the past few days at well. I have a HR54 and a C61K, the dish has one of the new Reverse DBS LNB's on it.

It was working fine and then this weekend it started saying that its lost the satellite signal on Tuner 1.

If I go to the Hr54 all is working well and all satellites check out fine.

If I tune to the channel that showing on the HR54 on the C61K it comes in fine. If I try watching recorded shows from the Hr54 it works fine. Just when I try to watch a different channels I get the lost signal message.

The only thing I can think it is, is the splitter I am using at the dish, as the splitter I am using is only power passing on one side and the HR54 is hooked to that side.

on previous models if you pressed the "guide" and "right arrow" on the front panel of the receiver, it would come up with some information about the receiver. is it possible to pull up that menu using the remote (since the 54 has no front panel buttons)?

on previous models if you pressed the "guide" and "right arrow" on the front panel of the receiver, it would come up with some information about the receiver. is it possible to pull up that menu using the remote (since the 54 has no front panel buttons)?
Yes, press and hold the select button on the remote until the System Diagnostics menu appears...

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.