cable company dish??????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
i wanted to know if anyone knows what the cable company use for big dishes????? are they using BUDS????? is there band still C? i wanted to know how they can get away with no rain fade???????? thanks

Cable can have rain fade. The difference is their signal coming into the home does not have rain fade but a signal for a channel or channels they receive could at their end resulting in you not getting that channel or channels. They would have bigger dishes that capture more signal so less chance for rain fade.
DISH has larger dishes on their end that send the signal to the satellites and are not as susceptible to rain fade in sending the signal to the satellites but it can happen.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
Some of the Dish's on the building in Tulsa that houses Dish and Tivo services. They've been there for decades going back to when it was Gemstar, then TV Guide, then Rovi which is now Tivo. Dish's Tulsa call center is in the building too.

Google Maps

Cox in Tulsa, also houses local Cox owned FOX and MyNet along with Cox Radio. Go to aerial view to see all the dishes on the roof, in addition to everything on the tower in front.

Google Maps

BTC dish's in Bixby

Google Maps

That sums it up for me. Anyone post pictures of cable company stations for me to see. So I take it cable uses c-band also? If so why is it that the c-band at my house looks so much sharper then the cable company's channels? Is it because they compress the channels?

41°40'57.0"N 85°00'08.1"W
41.682490, -85.002252 these cords have cable company satellite dish they are hidden in the weeds 6 of them.

One of the funniest cable commercials I saw was one claiming they had no weather related outages like satellite while a banner scrolling on the bottom of the screen warning of service interruptions due to sun outages. (on their satellite reception) ;)

Reactions: Titanium and Tampa8
A lot of cable now has fiber instead of dishes for signal delivery

Last edited:
Most master fiber distributed cable systems still originate from a single or multiple headends with satellite dishes and terrestrial feeds for originating content. The fiber distribution to local communities eliminates the need for a headend at each hub. This regional or national downlink center cuts down on property, equipment and personnel to maintain separate local headends.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)