Cable losing customers--> Stripped down plans

Time Warner might be offering this plan; however they have slowly but surely raised the high speed internet monthly fees,in the last year, because no doubt they know subs are looking more and more to get the video entertainment online when they want it, rather than from structured cable, ota or satellite broadcasts.

The problem is there is so much FREE content online its hard for people to justify any television service when they watch only a few channels. I mean with hulu, netflix and other services including OTA you almost dont need a tv provider to get what you want. Sports fan? Your local bar has you covered.

If you hate cable so much, why don't you drop them, or use a different provider?
I don't hate them--I dislike stupid things done by any business. But, I sure think about changing a lot. One problem though is that the alternatives also do stupid and/or aggravating things. On the whole, I guess I conclude cable is the best of several poor choices.

Still, I wonder why you think if you use a certain product or service, you somehow give up the right to complain about things that are out of order? One can ever hope that it might be corrected! Not likely--but one can hope.

Where did I type that?

You said, "If you hate cable so much, why don't you drop them, or use a different provider?" Sure sounds to me like you are saying if I continue to use them, I should never complain. To you, complain = go somewhere else. At least it sounds like that is what you said.

Complaining = hate (to you) = "use a different provider."
So, with the same logic, continuing to use the same provider = don't complain.

You said, "If you hate cable so much, why don't you drop them, or use a different provider?" Sure sounds to me like you are saying if I continue to use them, I should never complain. To you, complain = go somewhere else. At least it sounds like that is what you said.

Complaining = hate (to you) = "use a different provider."
So, with the same logic, continuing to use the same provider = don't complain.

You might want to call your local community college and see if they offer a Logic 101 course. And then sign up!

Maybe you shouldn't put words into what someone else says (writes).

I'll just ask what you really mean before commenting in the future, since clearly you didn't say what I read.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts