Cable question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
What have you guys used for wiring up an actuator? I know there is the big ribbon run but what have you ever substituted it with to just drive an arm & reed sensor.

I took the new site survey for my client with the DSR 410 W5 system yesterday to change it over to a motorized 4dtv system. I have to move the base to the west 50 inches and then fabricate a pole to the base so I can slap a polar mount on it.

Since the rg6 coax run is in and new I hate to rip it out and use a ribbon. I just want to add on a run for a actuator.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

For my 7.5 footer I got a 100ft roll of sprinkler wire from Lowes and it has 5 or 6 wires in it. They're all the same gauge but different colors. Works fine!:D:up

For my 7.5 footer I got a 100ft roll of sprinkler wire from Lowes and it has 5 or 6 wires in it. They're all the same gauge but different colors. Works fine!:D:up

Thank's Euro :up Im trying to get things in order for the W5 dish upgrade that will be happening hopefully soon. The sight survey went good. I located a polar mount for the dish also today. I have to coordinate all this with my client and piece the parts together.

Funny how in a couple months one satellite isn't enough anymore. You think he has the C band bug? :D

Funny how in a couple months one satellite isn't enough anymore. You think he has the C band bug? :D
Oh, that's just the beginning of the C-Band bug. ...When he wants a second (or THIRD) BUD...:eek:....then he's got it for sure! :D:up

Oh, that's just the beginning of the C-Band bug. ...When he wants a second (or THIRD) BUD...:eek:....then he's got it for sure! :D:up

Well I got bad news today, his wife wants to remodel the kitchen so he can't do his upgrade now. :rant:Maybe in a few months or next year. I guess the ball & chain has spoken. :(

I use four conductor brown 18 awg thermostat wire. works great. my other dish is almost 200 feet away and the thermostat wire even runs it fine at 36v. One of my friends is in the HVAC business so he hooked me up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)