Cable tv tools

Edwin95

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Los Angeles
Which tools do I need to open up the silvery box inside the Satellite receiver input and TV input on the receiver because I brought a dish receiver online and the stupid shipping carrier didn't handle with care and returns and refunds weren't accepted including my bank. Also how to open up the metallic shell on the lnb because it was a bundle.

Which tools do I need to open up the silvery box inside the Satellite receiver input and TV input on the receiver because I brought a dish receiver online and the stupid shipping carrier didn't handle with care and returns and refunds weren't accepted including my bank. Also how to open up the metallic shell on the lnb because it was a bundle.
????

If the shipping carrier didn't handle with care and damaged something internal to the lnb or receiver making it not function, even if you got it open, there's a 99.9% chance you won't have the tools or knowledge to fix it if you can't figure out how to open it.

Which tools do I need to open up the silvery box inside the Satellite receiver input and TV input on the receiver because I brought a dish receiver online
If you are describing the RF shield around the tuner section of your receiver, I seriously doubt most of us could service that; it's replaced as a module. Usually Dish just replaces the whole receiver. But it sounds like this receiver never worked.

What receiver did you buy? What symptoms does it have?
Also how to open up the metallic shell on the lnb because it was a bundle.
That's another repair I would not attempt. LNBs are too cheap and you should just replace the whole thing if that's the issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm not trying to be judgemental but isn't the OP the same guy who can't find an installer ID from 20 years ago?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)