CableOne done with cable?

Pere845

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Boise, Idaho
So here we are in 2018 and CableOne is going on year 4 with no Viacom channels and it's looking like they are never going to negotiate a contract. In fact they no longer offer pay per view at all, no sports packages, no VOD, missing several key channels, ancient equipment(unless you get a Tivo from them which they require a massive deposit to rent). All they seem to care about is cramming down our throats how great their internet is and how we should stream all of our TV and forget cable. So what I'm getting at has CableOne thrown in the towel on Cable TV, are they purposely letting their cable systems die. What surprises me is that I live in Boise Idaho and we have a metro of about 700,000 and we got stuck with this sorry excuse of a company while smaller towns here have Xfinity, Cox, and Charter, heck my hometown's phone company offers a better cable service than these guys but I bring this up because everyone who moves up here especially from California is shocked to find out that if you want good TV service you have to get Dish, Directv, or An OTT provider. Just curious what you guys think.

I'm pretty sure Cox gave up the smaller markets in Oklahoma to Cable One and Suddenlink. Cox is great in the OKC and Tulsa metros. I can't think of any small towns here that are not Cable One or Suddenlink now. I've never had to deal with Cable One.

I think you should get Dish.
Funny thing we just went from Dish to D*
Because the family follows sports teams that Dish does not carry RSN's for but I kept CableOne for my Grandmother and I'm getting to the point of switching her to satellite. Their service has been declining for the past 5 years and they don't care when you ask about anything Cable TV related. Now about switching to dish I want to go back! D*may have more channels but the genie is joke, the signal goes out with the slightest precipitation(very rare that I had signal loss on dish), customer service is terrible, and ever since we got the new UI my genie has been crapping out:boom

Funny thing we just went from Dish to D*
Because the family follows sports teams that Dish does not carry RSN's for but I kept CableOne for my Grandmother and I'm getting to the point of switching her to satellite. Their service has been declining for the past 5 years and they don't care when you ask about anything Cable TV related. Now about switching to dish I want to go back! D*may have more channels but the genie is joke, the signal goes out with the slightest precipitation(very rare that I had signal loss on dish), customer service is terrible, and ever since we got the new UI my genie has been crapping out:boom
Your dish must not be aligned well, my DirecTV is a lot more reliable than dish was

I don't wish Cableone on anyone, we had them in Arizona and horrible experience. Went to satellite TV and just used their very slow internet service. They finally got bought out by a Utah company and now same area has Gig residential internet for $84 month along with decent cable TV. Cableone is the worst when it comes to providers.

Reactions: Pere845
I don't wish Cableone on anyone, we had them in Arizona and horrible experience. Went to satellite TV and just used their very slow internet service. They finally got bought out by a Utah company and now same area has Gig residential internet for $84 month along with decent cable TV. Cableone is the worst when it comes to providers.
Agreed, for me it's D* with CenturyLink for internet and home phone. Here's one for ya guys, Called them for their no deposit internet promo just to see what that was all about and they still wanted to run my credit to see if I needed to pay anything upfront besides installation. I'm like really :what2

We had cable one in Miami, OK. Internet and cable were both awful. Internet was always having issues. They ended up pulling all of the Tulsa, OK locals in favor of the Joplin, MO. That was the last straw got Directv and got both Tulsa and Joplin locals.

Reactions: Pere845
I know someone in Denton OK, and they went with Directv satellite tv and kept CableOne internet. She claimed the internet was decent but cable service was beyond horrid.

Sent from my LG-M322 using the SatelliteGuys app!
It's true their Internet Is Awesome but it's no secret that they are purposely neglecting their cable system. they want out from cable TV like AT&T wants out from landline service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)