Cablevision agrees to end Voom

DEC 2005????!!!!! LMAO...what sucks is that I am working tonight and it WILL be a slow nite and I will be here all greakin' night wondering about this tennis match with BONE and MUD.....and everyone else will be sleeping...but that is MY problem I guess.....LOL

You people should not get too excited by news from bone74 and mudpup2003 after Scott busted them for making up a person that said he got such a great install from them:

"This thread appears the be abig advertisement for X Sat which is frowned upon here. The person praising X Sat for the great install has the same IP address of the two folks from X Sat.

So basically I see this thread as nothing but spam.

Any unauthorized promotion will be removed as we have sponsors for this site who pay for that privilidge.

Thanks for your understanding."

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=61599&page=1&pp=15

The BIG story now is the Adelphia bid. The telcom analysts and reprters are a bit distracted now.

Adelphia bidding has been a big story 2004-2005. You guys got to realize there are bigger fish here. 5.3 million subscribers will be changing hands here in a monumental and complex deal.
Sorry to say but a failing satellite company with fourty or fifty thousand subs is not most people's priority to report by a deadline.

BRUCE,

we have said nothing to that sort. only you, who means nothing to us. you have no idea who we are, or even if i supply your work.

That's it.

When Voom goes dark, I will pull the plug on the HDTV until some other significant, quality, commercial-free HDTV service is available. We cannot get OTA here. Cable :down and the other two satellite services :down :down are the only choices around here. So FORGET about it! :no Those guys aren't getting my money. :neener

I will renew my membership at the local indy cinema. Watch foreign flicks and independent films whenever I want. Kiss my beloved GalleryHD, EquatorHD, and DHD goodbye.... for now....

But I will watch Voom as long as the signal keeps a'comin'.

When Voom ends, my friendship on this forum ends too. I enjoyed reading all you guys and posting now and then. But no Voom, no Voom forum. :down Sad development...

I have DirecTV also, but will really miss Voom. I just had 2 more receivers installed this morning.

I suppose if Dish Network picks up the Voom originals I'll consider adding them, but may just wait to see what DirecTV does. It would be perfect for me if D* was able to get the Voom21 and I could just have one provider.

I really hate this, but if Charles and Tom Dolan were keeping the company running you'd think we'd hear something very soon. I know so many people I could refer but have held off doing so because of being unsure about Voom's future. But I think I could easily get 6 free months of programming with the refer-a-friend program if Voom had a future. Very sad. With the rumors about an announcement in a couple weeks that Voom would survive in some way I really didn't expect this. I'm still holding out a small amount of hope but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I'm just tired of the rollercoaster.

mudpup2003 said:
BRUCE,

we have said nothing to that sort. only you, who means nothing to us. you have no idea who we are, or even if i supply your work.

No you didn't, Scott said it all for you when he said "person praising X Sat for the great install has the same IP address of the two folks from X Sat."

Then you made up this wacky story:

Originally Posted by mudpup2003
I addressed them with scott.... we have customers who post in here from our access in our store.. we have numerous computers on a wifi.... so they can see different products and get reviews. Example being using DWAY, or Starband. When they open up the web browser on any of our systems, it used to go straight here. We encouraged them to join and post on anything, even if we sucked. We have changed that, and will make sure if they do post here it will be without our name anywhere in the post. If we were spamming this site we would have changed IP's, come on thats a given. We did not even think about this when info was posted. Like I said it has been addressed and it has been corrected.

and I came back with this:

So you are saying that this divalicious person hung out at your store to post here at all these times:
04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
04-04-2005, 11:24 PM
04-04-2005, 11:25 PM
04-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Yesterday, 12:07 AM
Yesterday, 01:04 AM
Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Da*n strange hours.

All those times was when this divalicious person posted copied from those posts.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=61605&page=1&pp=15

Just tell the truth and I will drop it.

OMG...... first off not the thread to be discussing this in... i suppose everyone else that posted where suspicious too... WOW we have a conspiracy.... OH WAIT A MIN... i noticed you are not a pub member..... words of a non supporter.

Let's keep things nice and tidy... if you two have a problem, please take it somewhere else... this is a VOOM NEWS AND DEVELOPMENTS forum, not a 'he said, I said' one.

The H said:
Let's keep things nice and tidy... if you two have a problem, please take it somewhere else... this is a VOOM NEWS AND DEVELOPMENTS forum, not a 'he said, I said' one.

I agree, but the way they keep hinting they have news, but say nothing, and even if they say anything, should not be taken too seriously based on past history.

Newspapers have been wrong before: remember Mark Twain:)

Who knows what will happen. If Voom goes dark, then I'll believe it. Until then, why loose sleep, unless watching Voom late at night. Just enjoy the ride.

It's still the best TV I've seen in the US (actually, in the world). If Voom goes dark, no more satellite or cable for me. I had stopped watching TV before I switched to Voom anyway, what, with the Internet and Netflix.

Here is to Voom! May it live!

At least HD-DVD should be coming before long. If it's succesful at least we won't have to worry where our movie choices are coming from.

ChrisDuncan said:
At least HD-DVD should be coming before long. If it's succesful at least we won't have to worry where our movie choices are coming from.

As long as you have HDMI or DVI you will be fine, I am looking at new Toshibas now since HD-DVD Component output will maxed out at 480P.

bruce said:
As long as you have HDMI or DVI you will be fine, I am looking at new Toshibas now since HD-DVD Component output will maxed out at 480P.

DVI has too many problems on too many TVs, plus many like the component PQ better. But I wouldn't worry too much about new equipment (Toshiba?): I thought it is already broken, which means you should be fine with a little software help.

Yea Bruce I agree with you. They can figure out how to build a web page but can't figure out PM to talk to one another. Something is fishy.
I am not blaming anyone but it seems like the same person.

This is how I feel after hearing of the recent report of events affecting VOOM.

"Morons on my team. I got Morons on my team. They ain't gonna rob us on the way DOWN the Mountain. We ain't got no money. They're gonna wait until we're headed back UP the Mountain with the Payroll." --Strother Martin in "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance KId."

I feel like Strother Martin, the grizzly prospector in that movie. Fellow VOOMERS we've got Morons on our HDTV team, Morons trying to set up a successful Satellite Service System. It takes 5 years....a lot of knowhow... and about 5 billion dollars to set up such a system. You don't quit after one year and you don't even begin if you're only gonna spend 600 million dollars! Morons! -Tvlman

Tvlman said:
This is how I feel after hearing of the recent report of events affecting VOOM.

"Morons on my team. I got Morons on my team. They ain't gonna rob us on the way DOWN the Mountain. We ain't got no money. They're gonna wait until we're headed back UP the Mountain with the Payroll." --Strother Martin in "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance KId."

I feel like Strother Martin, the grizzly prospector in that movie. Fellow VOOMERS we've got Morons on our HDTV team, Morons trying to set up a successful Satellite Service System. It takes 5 years....a lot of knowhow... and about 5 billion dollars to set up such a system. You don't quit after one year and you don't even begin if you're only gonna spend 600 million dollars! Morons! -Tvlman

Agree 100%

What's hard to believe is that the vote was unanimous to shut down Voom. After all the struggle, and changing board members, and everything...not even waiting to find out how the FCC rules.

Is there more to the story? I hope so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)