Cablevision agrees to end Voom

Well im in the same boat as mudpup, a voom Retailer. We have equipment and installs scheduled and so our trucks will roll. ;) Untill were told otherwise.

LUCKY....it's bad enough we all THINK this is the end...we really don't need ya to throw salt on a wound that started as a cut in February and grown into a gash in April....

Lucky said:
Once again, the board voted to end VOOM tonight 15-0. It is just a matter of when it officially closes down.

Considering everything said and done since Feb. nothing short of fuzz on the screen will signal the death of Voom. However, I do wish the story would have said, will transfer, instead of shut down.
Now to watch every second of my Voom 21 before????

installation

TYORK said:
yeah that is what i am saying , i think they may just change the name, I am 100% with mudpup on this.

t
Do you think i will still be able to have my system installed which i am currently waiting on.

txdude said:
This article may in fact be true Lucky, but we've seen a lot of other articles like this in the recent past, so forgive those of us who look upon this with a skeptical eye.
Exactly - both "official" news releases and their own website have proven wrong in the past. And this story is per a "source". I think my optimism finally turned to pesimism tonight, but after all that has gone on the last 3 months, no one outside of that board room can know anything for sure at this point (if even they know). If we see an official release, then my optimism will nearly vanish, but at this point we're speculating on a "source".

If this experience has taught me anything, it's that things are not always what they seem.

rtt2 said:
Signal will only fall as long as the programmers get paid.

SatBizNews reported on Monday CV told VOOM they were no longer authorized to enter into contracts or other financial commitments. They repeated that on Wednesday.
not permitted go into talks as part of CV....

cappy29 said:
Do you think i will still be able to have my system installed which i am currently waiting on.

yep business a usally, they have not pulled none of my installs.

t

Not trying to be overly optimistic, but why would Chuck and Tom vote for shutting Voom down? (it said unanimous)

The new channels, the website is still up, Scott's cryptic message (fwiw), no dealers notified. Anyone talk to a csr yet?

I must say that if Voom goes black, I will end up with less HD, but I will have my local sports, which Voom has been unable to provide.

I for one, am tired of the roller coaster. I will ride it until the end, but I will try to stay away from looking for news that will jerk me around.

-k

Well I was thinkin doom and gloom myself but with some of the installers coming forward and not being worried about it makes me feel better.After all this is how they make there living why would they be on here lying about it?

TYORK said:
yep business a usally, they have not pulled none of my installs.

t

The Voom Website is still up. It looks like you can still order Voom.

My guess is - something is about to come down about the future of Voom.
Just what is anybody's guess.

roland

Okay, with out going to far on anything. Yes there are changes happening in the world of VOom, but why don't you wait for the rest of the story.... the saga will continue tomorrow. A little birdie told me so

If the meeting was just tonight...I don't see how they could have notified anyone including installers, employees, etc.

I wish it looked better, but I will withhold judgment until we hear from Voom.

I do find it odd that Newsday is the only carrying this story so far.

Well normal busnesses would persue a shutdown in an orderly and managed way. The previous one was done with emotions involved so don't use that as having the same pattern.

If it is happening it is being worked on by lawyers and managerial consultants. CV is probably caculating timelines and preparing investor relations.

I wonder if we'll see a joint venture...with Voom selling Dish Network and Dish Network selling Voom...must like Dish's deal with SPRINT???

ksload said:
If the meeting was just tonight...I don't see how they could have notified anyone including installers, employees, etc.

I wish it looked better, but I will withhold judgment until we hear from Voom.

I do find it odd that Newsday is the only carrying this story so far.

Well my guess is the companies who do installs have already know about whats going on and the plans for Voom way before this came about so I doubt they are stunned to have read it least mud does not sound surprised to have seen this.

I think we will be cool...SOS just a different day!!!
still got installs scheduled..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)