Cablevision goes HD crazy!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Expand, as in going to other Cablevision systems, not just the Bronx & Brooklyn. Those 2 areas are the only ones getting all 30 HD channels at the moment. The rest will get them in June, as Cablevision expands the carrying of the channels throughout its systems.

You're 100% right. I was fooled and should have realized it.

The announcement is spun in such a manner as to imply that more stations are to be added. One has to read it more carefully to understand CV is only referring to expanding those 30 new HD stations beyond New York City.

Am sure they knew the release would be misread by many.

Regardless of how you read the press release, they're not going to stop adding HD after this.

Oh, I agree with you Remy, we'll obviously be getting more, it's just that the release made it appear more were to come in a very, very short time. No doubt CV did want to spin it in a certain direction for maximum effect.

Originally Posted by dm145
Look at you rewriting history. Voom failed because no other providers wanted it and Cablevision could not keep losing millions carrying it alone!

There is no excuse for streeeeeeeeetching any channel!

My point is...everyone complains about how they want more HD channels and as soon as we get some, they complain that they're not the 'right' channels or that there's no HD content on them (which NO Cable company has control over).

(Oh, and as for rewriting history...go back & check the posts when voom was around, many people on these forums complained how they were a waste with no good content, even if it was all HD)

You know...there was a time when TV channels were transmitted in B&W and then color TV came along. Some shows still transmitted in B&W for a while though, even to people who bought color TV's. Then, they all switched to color. In a few years, we'll be looking back and saying...remember when TV channels were analog? Remembed SD channels? HD is soooo in it's infancy right now, but more and more shows are going that route and in the very near future I believe we won't have the upconvert, stretchy problems were seeing today for new shows. (as for older content...well...I've never seen 'I love Lucy' in color, but it's still pretty darn funny to watch.)

Premium HD channels moving to the 800s

This is about to hit CT:

"Premium High Definition (HD) channels are currently spread throughout the 700s in no particular order, creating a frustrating experience for customers wanting to surf through HD premium channels and multiplexes. We will be dual illuminating premium HD channels beginning at iO TV channel 800 as a first step to create a consistent block of premium HD programming. HD premium channels below 800 will be removed at a later date, details of which will be distributed separately. Effective Wednesday, <B>June 17, 2009</B>, the following premium HD channels will be dual illuminated (are included in the link):"

http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUnd...85256a63004def96852575cb006747ab?OpenDocument

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts