[CABLEVISION] Got installation scheduled for this coming Sunday

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
So I am looking forward to the INHD2 and Mets IN HD.... Thanks hbk409 for making the transition very smooth. I am getting the HD DVR so it should be fun to have lots of baseball in HD.... :D

Enjoy it, Sean.

One thing you have to say about Cablevision. They have more local sports HD they can you find almost anywhere.

I am all setup already. Great installation.... Getting used to the DVR box but right from the start I have two FireWire ports which I assume are active so this is quite unusual since I never had a box with FireWire Active. The ports to add a Hard Disk are also there so I am going to be adding a new hard disk. Anyone knows the link? I will have to search for that link. Anyone using the Firewire Ports?

It is the 8300... thanks for the link but I found an even better one that has a Hard Disk for up to 50 additional hours of HD!.... I mean this is a great plus... Plus I still have to find out if the FireWire ports are active. This makes the satellite boxes look bad...

All cable companies are required to provide firewire enabled ports as per the Federal Code of Regulations Section 76.640. I had this battle with Adelphia last year. Check out the following post, http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=272986&postcount=2 , and note the section on Firewire and also the letter from Adelphia's staff attorney (attached). Firewire has been working on the local area SA8300 HD boxes since last October, but it is a qualified success as there are a number of features not supported - they did just enough to meet the firewire mandate.

Oh, in any case ths SA8300 HD uses SATA for external hard drives.

The only thing I miss about cable is the INHD channels.

Last edited:
Sean Mota said:
I am all setup already. Great installation.... Getting used to the DVR box but right from the start I have two FireWire ports which I assume are active so this is quite unusual since I never had a box with FireWire Active. The ports to add a Hard Disk are also there so I am going to be adding a new hard disk. Anyone knows the link? I will have to search for that link. Anyone using the Firewire Ports?

Sean glad to hear everything went well. Also glad that you got the box with the firewire ports, had to send an email over to the dispatch department, because I got your pm after the order had been routed already with the regular hd dvr w/o firewire ports. As jim stated the firewire ports are active on that box.

Can you provide the link that you found for the external hard drive with 50hrs of hd. thanks

edit: never mind sean I see you already posted where you found the harddrive.

Last edited:
One question: In the 8300 HD DVR box is there anyway to get a 16x9 IPG? I am new to the box and maybe I am neglecting a setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)