Cablevision to add 15 more HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
why was the original thread deleted?

I figured someone might ask.:)

Look at the 40 posts the orignial poster started. They all link to his personal website. I told him we are very lax about people posting to other sites. He was clearly trying to advertise his own site. I asked him very nicely if he would like to advertise with this site. He did not respond and kept posting his links.

Let me know if there are any other questions. I don't want you guys to think the cable section is coming down with hard core moderation. Didn't really have a choice with this one.

Did the whole thread have to be deleted?

Nope, good call. I did not realize how many responses were made since I looked at it at lunch. I can't do any moderation from a PDA and deleated it when I got home. Did not realize it took off like that. That was my bad.

Hopefully everything looks ok now. I moved all posts over but the original one.

The 10 listed so far don't excite me at all, I hope the soon to be announced 5 HD channels are better choices.
The cable operator did not release the complete list of 15 new HD channels today, but said it would includeNickelodeon, WE tv, AMC, Animal Planet, The Weather Channel, Travel Channel, FOX News Channel, Discovery Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel and FX.

The 10 listed so far don't excite me at all, I hope the soon to be announced 5 HD channels are better choices.

There was talk back in March that all of the HBO channels would go HD. I am guessing these will be the remaining 5 (HBOW, HBOComedy, etc.)....though I have nothing to back that up.

i am happy we are finally getting discovery hd, hopefully tlc and the history channel as well

There was talk back in March that all of the HBO channels would go HD. I am guessing these will be the remaining 5 (HBOW, HBOComedy, etc.)....though I have nothing to back that up.
All the HBO's would be nice but I'd rather have other choices, with limited HD resources I don't need 10 HBO's in HD.

any word on what the other five channels are? Where is the sdv tuner? This is supposed to be the release month.

Personally The Weather Channel & Hallmark Movie Channel would be a complete waste of channel space for HD.

How about adding The Fox Business Channel, Boomerang, NFL Network, etc...

Personally The Weather Channel & Hallmark Movie Channel would be a complete waste of channel space for HD.

How about adding The Fox Business Channel, Boomerang, NFL Network, etc...

I'm waiting to see what those other 5 are, they had better be really good, because the Weather Channel isn't my cup of tea. With CV adding HD channels at snails pace I would have preferred something like USA HD or some other noteworthy channel outside of the darn weather. We'll see what the other 5 are folks and it better not be premium channels ala HBO, Starz. I can wait for those to be added in another wave in two years time the way CV moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)