Cablevision to add 15 more HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll take the 15 HBO's, but I'm in no rush for them and I'm a Silver customer. I could wait till the end when all the cable network HD's are added such as USA, Sci-Fi, History, etc. btw, read that the other 5 channels are New York, NY - Cablevision - Page 142 - AVS Forum

TLC HD
Science Channel HD
Spike HD
Speed HD
IFC HD

make sense they would carry all the Discovery HD channels
now I can start watching ifc again (sd window boxed really blew)

I'll take the 15 HBO's, but I'm in no rush for them and I'm a Silver customer. I could wait till the end when all the cable network HD's are added such as USA, Sci-Fi, History, etc. btw, read that the other 5 channels are New York, NY - Cablevision - Page 142 - AVS Forum

TLC HD
Science Channel HD
Spike HD
Speed HD
IFC HD

cool....the one channel I wanted was Discovery, so everything else was icing on the cake. My list of 5 that I wanted included Science and TLC, so 2 out of 5 ain't bad. I wish one was History......that's now at the top of my list, but I am happy with what we are getting.

They are in a no win situation. No matter what channels they add there will always be someone unhappy wanting other channels. That is why they usually try to add a variety of channels to make people of varying interest happy.

But with their 500 HD channel capacity Fiber Optic system they should be able to add them all right?

Rutledge really put his foot in his mouth with that statement 10 months ago.

I don't want ANY new HD channels until they fix the quality of the bit-rate starved ones they currently have.

A post today on AVS by a sales rep states that the following is the official list of the new HD channels:

1. Discovery HD
2. Animal Planet HD
3.TLC HD
4. Science Channel HD
5. Fox News HD
6. Nickelodeon HD
7. Spike HD
8. Travel Channel HD
9. FX HD
10. Speed HD
11. The Weather Channel HD
12. AMC HD
13. WE HD
14. IFC HD
15. Hallmark Movie Channel HD

Ok, now that CV has had its little joke w/ the 2 wasted channels: #1 the weather channel:confused: ...#2 nicklelodeon:confused: it time to put up the "real" channels :rolleyes: like A&E... History.. USA... SciFi... or even some new HD only channels or how's this for a new idea ...get the Voom channels off of that F*%# up SDV set up that they have or do we have to wait another 8/9 months for the light to go on in their heads

SD Hallmark Movie Channel

No surprises here since they already announced the HD channel.

CT legal filing
http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUnd...85256a63004def968525748600545bfa?OpenDocument

"Effective Tuesday, July 29, 2008, Cablevision will launch the Hallmark Movie Channel to our iO Package (and above) subscribers on channel 193. The Hallmark Movie Channel is a 24-hour cable network dedicated to bringing viewers the highest quality family movies. Residential customers subscribing to the iO Package and above and commercial customers subscribing to Entertainment iO (and above) will be able to access this channel."

This most likely means that CT customers should expect all the new HD channels on the 29th.

Once cablevision adds teh 15 HD channels, they will have caught up in sheer numbers. Then they can dump voom and add 15 more.

you said it, it is a numbers game
so why would they dump 15 ch's no one else has?

The reverse way to say that is why keep 15 channels no one else seems to want?

There has been a lot of speculation that cablevision would drop VOOM. However the original "drop dead' date has come and gone. Still i would expect more predictions of its demise---just like the superstations.

Is Universal HD a Voom channel? I wouldn't want to lose that. Monsters HD & Kung Fu HD are quite unique.

Again why not add a brand new channel in HD? Where's Boomerang, Fox Business Network, BBC America, NFL Network , Sleuth , FOX Reality , or Wealth TV.

Make more people get HD service & and a digital box. Simple marketing plan. If you want those channels upgrade to a HD digital box.

But with their 500 HD channel capacity Fiber Optic system they should be able to add them all right?

Rutledge really put his foot in his mouth with that statement 10 months ago.

10 months ago hes been saying that for over 3years on the conference calls. when voom dbs announced that they where going to be a content provider instead of a service provider he was asked about putting them on cablevision, if it would be a bandwidth issue to wich he responded, no we have enough bandwidth to carry every channel every created in hd. yeah well then why do we start getting all these hd channels and why did we have to shut off so many of the analog feeds???

I dont know if anyone noticed this, but they have also added SCIFI-HD
(I cant post urls, but lookup up via imdb tv listings)

Since Fios just added USAhd and CNBChd, i'm hoping that they get these channels in time for the olympics

Post on AVS, the channel assignments for 14 of th 15 new HD channels (NickHD not listed):

741 Spike HD
742 WEHD
743 AMC HD
757 Animal Planet HD
759 SCI CH HD
761 FOX News HD
762 Weather Channel HD
763 Travel HD
764 TLC HD
765 Discovery hD
767 FX HD
769 Speed HD
782 Hallmark HD
783 IFC HD

Last edited:
NO SciFiHD @ CV

:(Well, in looking @ the IMDB tv listings they have the new HD channels w/ their 700s numbers but I think that people are confusing SCIENCE HD Channel w/ SCIFI HD (SCIHD not SCIFIHD) & just look @ the program listings itself

:(Well, in looking @ the IMDB tv listings they have the new HD channels w/ their 700s numbers but I think that people are confusing SCIENCE HD Channel w/ SCIFI HD (SCIHD not SCIFIHD) & just look @ the program listings itself

your correct i should have proof read before cutting and pasting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts