Cablevision to add 15 more HD Channels

FYI

Tivo software 9.4, which I just got on one of my boxes (Tivo S3), does handle SDV dongles.

You are supposed to call your cable company and ask for one, and 9.4 recognizes it and does the protocol to ask for SDV channels!

Just so you know. They also sohould not charge you for it, because you already pay for all the channels and the cablecard, and their technology they used is denying you the channels you already pay for. Just in case they try to charge you.

and nickelodeon isn't listed on that's lineup at least it wasn't when I checked earlier

Here is the offical word on channels and packages for the HD additions for my system (Norwalk, CT). 7/29 is the date for us.

733 Nickelodeon HD Family +
741 Spike HD Family +
742 WE HD Family +
743 AMC (American Movie Classics) HD Family +
756 Science Channel HD iO Package +
757 Animal Planet HD Family +
761 Fox News Channel HD Family +
762 The Weather Channel HD Family +
763 Travel Channel HD Family +
764 TLC HD Family +
765 Discovery Channel HD Family +
767 FX HD Family +
769 Speed Channel HD Family +
782 Hallmark Movie Channel HD iO Package +
783 IFC HD iO Silver +

http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUnd...85256a63004def968525748e004cd8e1?OpenDocument

Not to sound like a ingrate considering we haven't even gotten these yet, but its time to start talking what HD channels are on the horizon. Sci-Fi is #1 on my list. These 15 additions didn't really do much for me.

somethings i have notice they have the wrong guide data for discovery hd, its actually showing discoverytheather hd's info. on animal planet and the science channel the show seem to have a wierd aspect ratio. I get a pillar box effect however the black space on the sides is smaller then normal sd programming and I believe the bottom and tops are slightly cut off. the speed channel even though currently its not showing hd i can definatly see an improvement in picture quality, especially noticeable around the logo and text that they put up

I'm at work right now...anyone know if they went live in the Wappingers Falls area?

nope it was just long island today, and all of a sudden im just getting a black screen on alot of the channels that were added today :(

The channels are all over-compressed they are putting 3 and 4 channels into each QAM. I don't care how many HD channels they have, most look like garbage.

Are any TIVO users getting these channels? I see them saying channel not available. Are they going to be SDV? I am in CT and won't find out till tomorrow.

The channels are all over-compressed they are putting 3 and 4 channels into each QAM. I don't care how many HD channels they have, most look like garbage.

Wow, disappointed to hear that. I will wait and see how it looks when I get them but I hope the picture isn't even softer on the HD channels. FIOS is looking more and more better with a 100 HD count as well, now they just need to hurry up and spread it across NYC quickly.

anyone know what areas are being rolled out on what days? Particularly Central NJ?

based on prior roll outs NJ is done last
when it was a three day roll out we usually got them on Weds
so i expect to see them thurs or fri in northern NJ

Well, we have the "new" HD channels (Norwalk,Ct. system) & imo I'm underwhelmed some look good & some "what was the point of this" its just more of the same upconverted SD no real HD content (except Discovery /Fox news 1or 2 others) & now get the VOOM chs. working again & @ least its a start in the right direction. remember when CV ran those ads about the "other services" saying how can they be as good as CV & the answer was always "we're working on it" Well I guess its come back to them full circle b/c thats what CV is saying now...we're working on it!" its really beginning to look like CV spent their billion dollars in the wrong place instead of upgrading their system & or their software (guide ,stbs (looks like 80's tech) they went out & got Newsday (free promo ads ...remember the WIZ stores disaster) & Sundance channel. So when's the next batch of the "500" channels due?.. Jan. Feb. ... guess its time to look into a new service.

Last edited:
For those wondering the new HD lineup is up and live in Brooklyn as of 2am. The only problem thus far seems to be Nick HD (733) which has a not authorized msg displayed. Im guessing this will be worked out in a few hours. As for the additions themselves I too am left a little unsatisfied. Dont get me wrong im thrilled to have the added content and for the most part aside from the likes of AMC, Hallmark, and Fox News they are all quality additions. What boggles my mind the most though are the absences of some of the more popular choices out there. Im talking about the likes of the Universial HD package which everybody else has had for a while now, ESPN News, and the HBO HD lineup considering Cablevision was supposedly rumored to be getting it starting two months ago. All I can hope for is that Cablevison has another big HD update like this one just around the corner, because I dont know how much longer I can hold out considering they installed Fios in my building 3 weeks ago, and we all know the HD lineup they are offering for NYC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)