Cablevision to add 15 more HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All I can hope for is that Cablevison has another big HD update like this one just around the corner, because I dont know how much longer I can hold out considering they installed Fios in my building 3 weeks ago, and we all know the HD lineup they are offering for NYC.

Dude they installed FIOS in your building and you are still messing with CV. I would be disconnecting IO as fast as I could if FIOS was available to me, better picture quality, far more HD channels what else is needed for HD aficionados. I'm waiting for FIOS in my building and then I am gone in a heartbeat. I'm stuck with CV because of lack of alternative short of no cable. Hard to believe this is NYC and not Muncie, Indiana. Thank goodness FIOS is now rolling out in the city.

I agree... if you have access to Fios... jump on it! If we had it here in CT. I would not waste a second to leave CV. there is a guy @ my work who has it (he comutes from NY & he loves it (had TW) & could not be happier...all we have access to here is Sat. / ATT / CV ...thinking about giving ATT U-verse a try but not to thrilled about the issues they have & Satellite ...too many big trees I think would be a problem...So the bottom line is GO FIOS if you can.

For me, not unless they get MSGHD........I am sure I am stuck with CV for a while (I'm not really upset).

Most of the channels barely show true HD anyway. By the time the networks start broadcasting most of ther shows in HD, Cablevision will have them. It is just a matter of time. I already have most of the HD channels I need. They have the capacity for 500 HD channels.

Same here. I would love to switch to Fios, but the lack of MSG and MSG+, not to mention the amount of rewiring that would have to be done in my apartment is whats making me hold off. Totally off topic, in the few hours I have had Travel HD and Nick HD the only HD content have shown are commercials which I find pretty funny. So I guess you can now add those two to my list of disappointing additions, along with Fox News which only shows its info bar in HD, Hallmark, and IFC.

When are the new channels going to show up in NJ. Why are we always last. Its almost midnight and nothing WTF man.

Most of the channels barely show true HD anyway. By the time the networks start broadcasting most of ther shows in HD, Cablevision will have them.

I hope you are correct, I just hate when a channel is showing a program and it says "This Program Is In HD Where Available" and I'm stuck watching SD because the HD channel isn't provided. Cablevision really needs to add the NBC Universal channels next. Whatever issues those two may have they had better figure it out and I fully expect more HD additions by years end. We know CV can take forever to get around to saying anything about additions, except in vague statements like "with more additions to come"

Most of the channels barely show true HD anyway. By the time the networks start broadcasting most of ther shows in HD, Cablevision will have them. It is just a matter of time. I already have most of the HD channels I need. They have the capacity for 500 HD channels.

They do not have capacity for 500 HD channels, that is a bold faced lie based on the ability to use SDV for 500 HD channels. They can't even get 15 SDV channels working!

It is not a matter of how many HD channels CV has, it is the quality of them. Since they are jamming 4 HD channels into the space of 2, the quality is nowhere near what it should be.

They can get more channels on SDV, they just need to do much more node splitting.

CV has yet to prove that they can get SDV working properly. Also, when it does work, the quality is severely degraded over a dedicated channel.

the 15 HD channels are up in north jersey, its late, but seems like AMC and SCI HD are the only TRUE 24 hour HD channels, what a shame....

FIOS vs CV

In reading the various posts, it seems that FIOS wins out in picture quality versus cable. Just curious since I'm planning on getting FIOS sometime later this year. I currently have Cablevision in my home (Northern NJ) with IO Digital. Aside from TBS and some other supposed HD channels, how does the picture quality compare on true HD broadcasts? I'm currently setup on a Sony with 1080i.

In reading the various posts, it seems that FIOS wins out in picture quality versus cable. Just curious since I'm planning on getting FIOS sometime later this year. I currently have Cablevision in my home (Northern NJ) with IO Digital. Aside from TBS and some other supposed HD channels, how does the picture quality compare on true HD broadcasts? I'm currently setup on a Sony with 1080i.

From what I've heard the signal is passed on to the consumer without further compression because FIOS doesn't have to deal with all the bandwith issues as cable does. So pretty much what is sent to them is then passed on to the viewers. I've not once heard complaints en masse about FIOS PQ and with 100 HD channels its more incentive to get it if its available. Meanwhile I patiently wait for the chance to get it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts