Cablevison Meeting

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I thought they had a board meeting Friday to discuss Voom Fate but everything is hush i wonder what is going on it is allready Sunday and no Comment i guess the Customer is Last to know.

Sean please tell us something i just got Voom installed on Thursday i would hate to lose Voom allready but at least i expereinced Voom and i Love it, i only paid a 1 dollar for the install so i could not go wrong. :D

There is nothing to do except wait and see.

Take Sean's advice and enjoy the day.

And, my advice to you is to enjoy Voom for as long as it is there, as nothing can even begin to compare.

Sean Mota said:
SuperBowl Sunday... Still Watching Voom under Sunny Warm Day in NYC... :)
WEll, since VOOM didn't go dark by SuperBowl Sunday (as many speculated), should we start a new rumor? What about VOOM going dark by NBA All-Start Game (Feb 20)? :p :D

Walter L. said:
... NBA All-Start Game ...
Wow. With all the NBA players on the floor starting the game, there wouldn't be room to dribble the ball. :D

Without any corporate announcement of continuance it is hard to place a date on the death of Voom. CSRs saying "business as usual" isn't the full story nor a promise to go on. The last official word was "we're selling our assets" with the first batch going to E*. Two weeks of wild speculation later and we probably know less about the deal than we did on January 20th.

The $1 sign up offer ends March 1st. So maybe September 1st would be a good date? (Get all the new signups to fulfill their commitment.) It certainly is the furthest out I've seen mentioned.

JL

I wonder if it was postponed since one of the board members did just die.

This may have given VOOM a last minute reprieve.

rtt2 said:
I wonder if it was postponed since one of the board members did just die.

This may have given VOOM a last minute reprieve.

Well thats one way of looking at it, but listed on the obit. was that he was a long time friend of Mr.Dolan, so he may of been one of the people that sided with Mr.Dolan.

justalurker said:
Wow. With all the NBA players on the floor starting the game, there wouldn't be room to dribble the ball. :D

Without any corporate announcement of continuance it is hard to place a date on the death of Voom. CSRs saying "business as usual" isn't the full story nor a promise to go on. The last official word was "we're selling our assets" with the first batch going to E*. Two weeks of wild speculation later and we probably know less about the deal than we did on January 20th.

The $1 sign up offer ends March 1st. So maybe September 1st would be a good date? (Get all the new signups to fulfill their commitment.) It certainly is the furthest out I've seen mentioned.

JL

Well... at least you do more dibbling than the NBA all stars but never seem to make a basket.

gutter said:
Well... at least you do more dibbling than the NBA all stars but never seem to make a basket.
I do fairly well at bowling. A few strikes, more spares but always getting some pins down. Unlike some people who can't stay out of the gutter. I assume you meant dribbling? Slow down and type clearer. Rant mode off, please.

And I thought people would be happy that I gave Voom until September 1st to live. Even if it means seven more months of Voom maniac tripe. Guess there is nothing that will please some people.

JL

justalurker said:
I assume you meant dribbling?
JL
No...I meant dibbling... dribbling would mean you would mean that what you say has some validity. I would agree with you that an annoucement from Cablevision is long overdue except if they are other details that have not come to light. You now give a September time frame. What makes that significant or is that just another dibble?

Justalurker....I was using a playing on words with basket and dribble but dibble fits your defined purpose. I have to admit I dibble 3 or 4 times a day, but I have now learned to use the indoor latrine. By the way you should change your name now because with 592 posts. You are more than a luker as lurker is defined.

http://dict.die.net/lurker/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts